Lotus Lada

Tim S Kemp

Reply to
SteveH

".... even with all the Lotus work, it's a tad on the pricey side "

Take a look at the arches. Did they strip the car and put the original bodywork back on? It doesn't look like a 100k car to me.

Reply to
Cuzman

If you think about what people charge by the hour for labour on cars and it did have a team of lotus bods working on it for a week. The people from lotus said that's what they would charge to do it though there was probably less than £5k in parts.

Reply to
Depresion

Exactly - it wouldn't be all that hard to build one if you had the time or the inclination.

The Lampredi Twin-Cam is common as muck in breakers yards - having been fitted to most mid / large sized Fiat / Lancias from the 60s onwards....

Looking at it - I reckon the retrim would have been the most expensive bit.

Reply to
SteveH

Whoa - too many double negatives :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I suspect that it would be modified so that it was close to Integrale spec...

-- James

Reply to
James

"James" wrote

erm, missing a turbocharger...

I got the Guy Croft book (signed) for my birthday and the 180BHP is a high revving 180BHP, so not loads of torque. There's a very nice lightened flywheel in there. Wouldmake it rev like a motorbike!

I'd whack in an Integrale Evo unit or better still a Series 3 Thema LS turbo engine - very clever head configuration on those.

I would have had the car, Who bought it? Top Gear might have bought it back?

Reply to
Fishman19

It seems to have gone to a german with a lotus fixation. (If you click on the 72 next to the winning bidders name you can find a list of some of the recent auctions they have been involved in) You could also search for the user name by bidder and seller if they were not German.

Reply to
Depresion

14

One can never not have too few double negatives....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp