M5

It's quite clear to see you haven't or you would know how much it likes to pull over every camber change. Not at all nice.

Reply to
Depresion

Tuesday at 11:30pm ITV1 Mike Brewer and Mike Rutherford travel to Italy to test drive the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the duo get a sneak preview of a stunning new prototype from Morgan. Sounds like another riveting episode, I only watch it on the off chance that the 2 most annoying motoring journalists both go off a cliff.

Reply to
Depresion

*As it happens* Yes I have, and while I cannot deny that, if you are not on the ball, it can be a bit of a hedge finder. That said, in the wet it wasn't so much of a problem, and when being driven with any sort of yee haw, I was well prepared to make it work...which was nice.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

While maybe not knowing all about cars, after having driven a Type R, a Mk5 Golf GTi and an Audi S3, I found the Focus the biggest smile inducer. I won't even begin to slap you about how wrong you are about the last one though...

You could have almost have kept your point if you stuck to the hedge finder argument, but instead you've let yourself, and all other oval haters down with that blantant pish.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

No, he's right, as a road car, the Focus RS is a bit toss. I'd take the Alfa GTA anyday.

Reply to
DanTXD

If you are buying a hot hatch with your head you buy the Audi or Golf if you buy with your heart you take the Alfa and you are an apt demonstration of what part of the body people who buy the Focus use.

Reply to
Depresion

So you admit it's not a god car to drive on the road, hot hatches are supposed to be civilised and fast the focus fails to be civilised on the road and has an interior that feels and looks like all the parts were fished from the 99p bucket at your local motorfactors.

Reply to
Depresion

2 areses then :)
Reply to
dojj

I wouldn't bother anymore, he doesn't seem to understand your point.

G - Man, yes the ford focus rs is a better track car but it is not a better

*all round* car, you wouldn't want to drive it on the motorway for instance or infact anywhere on a long journey. Hot hatchs are cars that handle well and are relatively fast, the focus's dif is over kill imo.
Reply to
REMUS

It's a shame as it's so close to being a top notch hot hat but the dif just compromises it too much, soften up the dif and fix the interior.

Reply to
Depresion

when i last watched it the program was a load of pretty shots of cars with people who know f*ck all about them. bit like this G-Man dude :)

Reply to
Vamp
[...]

Hot three door hatch?

TVR Sagaris is surely the only one...

Alistair J Murray

I think that new porsche (can't remember its name) is gonna be another interesting one. Also isn't the Nissan 350 a hatch?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Different price bracket, but loose the requirement for a 3 door hatch and for £500 more than the focus you could have an RX8.

Reply to
Depresion

which imo is much nicer better car.

Reply to
Theo

The Renesis is not a marketing gimmick - it's a very very good engine, as were the older rotaries. Until you've driven one and experienced the smooth vibration free revs on demand nature of them then you'll never appreciate it. Much better than those rattly french shiteboxes.

S2000... that's nice though...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

True enough I have never driven one, just seems to be a lot of compromises (more so with the older ones i suppose) for not much gain. I love the S2000, this one is a sort of light metallic blue, with what appear to be big optional dealer alloys. Very nice. Supercharged S2000 is the dream ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

Well, it's not. The end.

Er, which bit ? I keep up with the motoring press, and I'm well aware of which cars are held in high regard, and which are not.

The Focus RS, is not.

Reply to
Nom

Crap.

Excellent.

Mediocre.

Crap.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Nom

A marketing gimmick is exactly what it is !

No, it's a fuel-guzzling, not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-should-be, marketing gimmick.

See above, but add 60k-rebuilds to the list. Infact, you can prolly add them to the RX8 lump too - we'll find out in a few years :)

I get smooth vibration free revs on demand from my V6.

I've been in my mate's RX7 lots of times. It's nice and smooth. But no more than any other modern engine.

Hardly.

If you can stand the revs.

Reply to
Nom