Mini Test : - Corsa 1.0

For : - It goes.

Against :- Everything else.

Seriously, I had no idea that a 'relatively' modern car be so garbage.

SWMBOs brother was taken into hospital this week - bit of an emergency - and I had to take his car up for an exhaust. Deary me, what an epically crap car.

Engine is beyond description. Thrashy, gutless, whiny. Chassis is the least enjoyable I have ever experienced in my whole life.

I know that VAG products are meant to be the ones that have a reputation for not being driving machines of any note. We have three here at the moment - VW, Seat and Skoda and I would take any of them over this heap'o'junkT.

Even the Skoda....

Actually, especially the Skoda.

P.S. Bargain hunters check out ebay in the next few days, it'll be on there at a ziltastic 99p and no reserve. That's the Skoda, not the Corsa...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Heh. I went in one a while ago. I was amazed at how s**te the inside of them is. Mind you, I'm amazed at how s**te the inside of a modern punto is. "Superminis" make the bird's £225 Citroen ZX seem luxurious.

Reply to
Doki

pikey kids round here love 'em as first cars.....mongs

1.0 3pot sounds like a cement mixer but rev it's nuts off and (almost) sounds like a straight six ;-)
Reply to
john

Sorry just one plus point for people in here - even if you abuse them and treat them worse than you would be in a Bangkok prison, they still don't use much fuel hehe!

Reply to
DanB

They drop into second at 90 and sound like half a porsche when they do. Rinse and repeat.

And you can thrash them endlessly. The correct point to change gear is at the limiter, every time. I actually think the engine is great but the rest of the car is junk.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I quite like that little 3 pot in the 1.0. Funnily enough, I always found that the only way to get decent(ish) progress from one was to keep the revs reasonably low. Revving the gonads off 'em tends to make quite a funky noise but doesn't seem to increase actual speed...

Reply to
Pete M

The lack of sensation of speed is quite simply the fact that they are not quick...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

When I was an Avis droid we had a load of 1.0 Corsas with AC. Obviously some sort of c*ck up as they can't have been designed for the UK market, must have been meant for somewhere like Malta or Cyprus. At 70 mph flicking the AC on was enough to almost stand the things on their headlamps.

Reply to
Pete M