NGK or BLITZ spark plugs?

anyone know where i can get hold of some NGK or BLITZ spark plugs online? dyno day sunday getting things on order :)

Reply to
Vamp

What type of plugs do you need? You sometimes get good prices for the more expensive types on eBay. This seller has some colder grade ones if you've turned up the boost, plus a nice selection of uprated pistons, conrods and lightened flywheel you could get at the same time.

Homer

Halfrauds are doing 3 for 1 on a few mix n match things including NGK spark plugs. Not sure if they'll be the ones you want but worth a look

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

cheers just want the plugs, BLITZ are cold grade for modded engines really so i'm told so gonna try and get hold of some NGK. anyone heard of spitfire plugs? i can get them but i've never heard of them before!

no uprated pistons, fly wheels or anything else for me though! standard spec gets me into enough trouble!

Reply to
Vamp

What the hell am I on? 3 for 2 is what I meant

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

So if you were planning on buying 4 for your 4 cylinder engine you'll have two brand new spark plugs for free, to leave in the box and put in the cupboard. That's a marvellous idea.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Nah, boxes of 4 they come in. Which makes it a pain for me with my 6 cylinder engine :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

yeah but a number of probs with halfords is, i dunno which ones i need, the book at halfords doesn't list the MR2 turbo or a UK spec GT4 with the same engine if i remember right. and whats the chances on saturday staff knowing anything? hmmm

Reply to
Vamp

NGK website says the following, but check first.

Spark Plug Part No. Recommended Plug BKR6EP-8 Iridium Option BKR6EIX

BKR6EIX £31.50 on eBay £32.15 on Sparkplugs.co.uk

BKR6EP-8 £49.21 on Sparkplugs.co.uk

Reply to
Homer

you sure that's right? mine is a turbo jap import don't foget!

Reply to
Vamp

Like I said, check first but I went through the Australian NGK website then picked Japanese import, there is an option for the MR2 turbo on it.

Reply to
Homer

just been told it's BKR7e

Reply to
Vamp

cheers for the help but all sorted after a word with my mate and a pointer to spark-plugs.co.uk :)

Reply to
Vamp

or sparkplugs.co.uk even D'oh

Reply to
Vamp

Splitfire? Load of bollocks about multiple sparks IIRC.

Reply to
doki

NGK, from your local autofactor. Most common plug. Copper is standard, platinum is longlife about 60k I think and Iridium is for posers. Gives good spark results, but can break up surprisingly short time.

You probably want the same ones as mine. Imoc, or MR2OC should be able to advise. You will only need different temp plugs if you have upped the boost and and having knock problems, and other tuning isn't working.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It does list the GT4, but they don't carry the plugs, at least the one near me doesn't.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Were they the right plugs though? Should be. High octane fuel takes care of knock issues along with the ECU adjusting timing/fueling.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Probably "Splitfire", don't bother...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

yeah but sometimes the ECU can panic just lob a load of fuel in losing a bit of grunt. they are the right plugs though! asked a few turbo owners on imoc :)

Reply to
Vamp