OK, and the scores are in,

Heh.

Went for £1050 in the end, with a new MOT, which included a couple of suspension arms and a centre exhaust section.

Cambelt due in 32k miles / just over 2 years.

Economy, if you drive like a nun, high 30s.

Economy, driving like you stole it, low 30s.

And yes, it was around 132k miles when I sold it.

Reply to
SteveH

Yeah, probably about that.

Reply to
Elder

My 89 Estelle had 49k in 2001, and my 92 Favorit had 51k in 2002. Both very low miles, lowest mileage cars I've ever had. But while mechanically they were sweet and just run in, body and interior wise they were just bloody tatty, welding repairs to both, and scruffy looking interior trim.

Reply to
Elder

Ah but, getting the tail out in mine, is an act of driver skill, not a temporary loss of control of the non driven end. :)

6 sounds better than 4, on paper and on the road. The interior isn't green. It isn't an Alfa.
Reply to
Elder

Well, just to remind you.

It's still in the same nick. The only couple of offers we ever received were for pennies, so it just stayed until there was a need for it. Now there is a need for it.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yes, that's about right all round. I also notice the difference between being in the car alone and driving 4-5up.

Reply to
Steve Firth

i paid £6k for my mini one with only 23k miles on the clock, that's what i call low miles, 4k i'd expect around 40-50k miles, i think i'm getting old lol although my MR2 turbo was £5k and that had only 56k miles. £4k and 80k miles seems a lot to me, my BMW was on around 80k miles when i bought that and i wish i didn't spend as much as i did on a car with 80k on the clock.

Reply to
Vamp

i don't i do between 10-12k miles, you must live in the middle of no where :)

Reply to
Vamp

No - you just don't go anywhere ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I reckon I do about 14k a year commuting. And judging by the motorway every morning, I'm not alone. The cars I'm behind tend to be already on the motorway as I join, and are still on when I leave.

Reply to
Elder

I got like, 12 or so, maybe 15 big bags of rubble/mud in the back of the 206 with the seats down - in hindsight, as awesomely low as the back end was, I think I was probably doubling the maximum safe load weight (I never though of that at the time). Each bag was I'd hazard as least 30kg. Performance was....hmmm, stunted :-)

Reply to
DanB

Did twelve bags of ready mix dry cement into the Celsior, instant slammed low rider.

Reply to
Elder

Imprezas are fine as long as you let them warm up properly before thrashing them. This one has a turbo timer thing on it as well, so that's a nice little bonus.

This one is dark metallic green with Prodrive gold rims. Sounds awful but I like it.

I think this is around 320 bhp. I really should, but just can't as it's not a good thing to take to Czech.

Reply to
Pete M

Oh I dunno, nice snowy Czech winter, so empty roads in the forest...

Reply to
DanB

went out in the mini friday night to the cinema was me +3 others and you can feel the difference straight away. especially under braking. still seemed to pull ok and had little affect of performance but you don't feel that you could throw it into the corners as well. mind you i don't think the passengers would appreciate it if i did lol

Reply to
Vamp

To get the tail out in an RWD car just requires power. In a front driver it needs more skill (unless you're using the handbrake).

Indeed.

True

The important bit.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yeah, but on a RWD car, keeping it where you want requires skill, on a FWD car it is down to luck.

One of the guys at work talks about "power sliding" his A3 arround a particularly bad corner on the approach road to the office that ices up at the slightest hint of cold and damp (lost an M3 and a Porsche to it last year as well as a couple of crap hatches).

Last week, I experienced my first 4 wheel drift. Initially it lost control, but as I managed to opp lock it back into line, much to the surprise of the Cooper S driver who I was trying to steer round before sliding (he had slid off and hit the kerb hard). 4 wheel drifting is fun. When I get bored/rich I will have to get a supercharger on it and learn to drift properly.

Reply to
Elder

Loads of open empty former russian airbases. Plenty of places to drive it.

Reply to
Elder

Welcome to the hypermiling club! I make it 30.54 to the gallon, but really to two decimal places it's something of a moot point. I guess it's the big number starting with a 3 that's important!

What do you expect the end-to-end, season-through-season, figure to be, after you're used to the IS200?

Winter really isn't helping the 1.8t. My last five tanks have been an appalling* 35.8 to the gallon (that's just over 2,000 miles). In the summer the five tank average spent plenty of time over 39. I'm still expecting the end-to-end, season-through-season, mpg to be ~110% of the official combined cycle number.

*for me at least!
Reply to
DervMan

Anywhere to repair it after aforementioned trips? ;-)

Reply to
DervMan