Ok - guess the car time

Ladies an Gennelmen we have a winner.

SteveH - you are an old git and I claim my five pounds.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I think you mean Humber Sceptre.

Which never, ISTR, came as a fastback.... and they're 1725cc.

My money is on it being a Rapier V. Don't think it's an H120 - interior looks too old and not sporty enough.

Reply to
SteveH

Less of the 'old git'.... that's probably older than me!

I'd love a Holbay H120, though.

Reply to
SteveH

It's a '68 - not an H120 unfortunately.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yeah - didn't think it was... (see further down thread)

Doesn't look 70s enough inside ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

hmmmmmmmmmm Cortina? old one obviously

Reply to
Vamp

Not a Rapier V

As already posted a Sunbeam Rapier Fastback (Rapier VI?). A friend of my parents had one (think it was a base model Alpine) back in the early 70's, said the body panels were so thin they would dent if you dropped a pin on them.

46 thousand in 10 years. About 100 more per year for 9 more years than the oh so very successful RS Focus.

nanu nanu

Peter Hill

Yeah - my mistake - I misread the Sunbeam Rapier website when trying to pin down the exact model.

Lovely cars. Especially in H120 form.

Reply to
SteveH

I wonder how many of them will be on the road in 35 years?

Reply to
Depresion

Zero. It's rarity will ensure that the parts that make it a RS rather than a portion of grey porridge are unobtainable. They made about 4 times as many Sierra Cosworths and most of those are going mouldy in sheds. Their part won't come as each one is worth too much to break up to keep the others going and they all need the same few parts.

Peter Hill

Implying the RS isn't successful ?

Strange interpretation of a car that has been deliberately limited to very low numbers, with plenty of disappointed would-be buyers left over to spare...

Reply to
Lordy

Yea thats what i read it as too? There may not be many left on the roads in

35 years, but right now, they've been successful cos they've sold them all :)
Reply to
Dan405

I'd have thought a big part of the RS idea would be to sell the lesser Focus models like the ST whatever and so on. I suppose you'd have to look at sales figures to work that out.

Reply to
Doki

I'm late, and I haven't read other people's replies.

I'm saying Sunbeam Rapier, circa 1966, Holbay H120 ideally and judging by the instruments.

I'm prolly too late for the prize, though.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

'68 Rapier. Not an H120 unfortunately. Needs a wee bit of paint around the front. Otherwise quite nice.

Prize ? Did I mention a prize ?

Sorry - I'm a lying toad.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle