Old mobiles. Quite possibly Nokia.

Nah - it's the outer casing on both the earpieces that's knackered - has caused it to still be working, but just very very quietly. One broke, then the other at some point later. I probably sat on it, or it was in my coat pocket and I sat on that, or something.

Yeah, I'll have to get one of them. I'm forever putting stuff like that off on the basis that I'll find something cheaper and better somewhere else, but I go past a Tesco every day, so may as well.

Heh. I always used to play snake for a bit, then give up 'cos I got bored...

I remember a mate at uni having a J5 and thinking it was quite good.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

You need a CackBerry, then.

One of the redeeming features is the track-ball.

Reply to
SteveH

Which gets jammed up with pocket fluff after a bit if people don't holster them IME. Especially the pearl.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Holsters are a bit ginger beer, though.

Reply to
SteveH

just a bit???

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Dunno what everyone else is doing but that;s what it does for my PC and laptop as well. Just shows up as a 'removeable drive' when connected. Not that I ever bother because Bluetooth, in all it's form is, IME shit. I just use a USB cable - as my Nokia just takes the standard sized small usb thing and I always have one of those plugged into the PC permanently for cameras etc.

Reply to
DanB

I assume you've installed some driver software to make this happen.

I've never managed to get a PC to just 'see' a phone and know what to do with it.

Reply to
SteveH

I push the dongle in, click browse files or something and it all just happens. AFAIR I haven't installed anything, but nor have I used it for ages anyway so I can't really remember heh.

Reply to
DanB

Strangely I've got a mint Nokia 5110 - it's never been out of the leather case - and a new unused car kit sans aerial I need to get shot of. I'm not a heavy mobile user but wanted one with a camera. And just bought one this week.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just to give you all a laugh I bought a Nokia N95 off Ebay. 'New unwanted upgrade' Paid about 2/3rds the new price. And it's a fake.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's also why I'm looking for an ancient phone to use in the Rangie hands-free kit. Won't have voice dial or whatever, but if it actually does the job then I'll just divert calls to it - free minutes can be a wonderful thing.

Reply to
Pete M

After a quick googlefest, it turns out there were 28 different factory mobile phone set-ups in the E38, and I can't find any factory ones for the P38.

I was thinking the old Motorola 7200 style things might have been the one, but they're nowhere near big enough to fill the bloody cradle. Cradle does have two mounting choices for different size phones, but it's working out what phones they are that's irritating.

I hate it when I find stuff like this in cars. I *could* just ring the previous keeper who had it for 12 years, but he's incredibly likely to be very ex-directory. From a manor house somewhere near Glasgow it turns out.

Reply to
Pete M

A fake???

Mate of mine bought a box of bricks thinking it was a new HD video, but how the hell do you buy a fake phone? And what do you get when you do?

Reply to
Pete M

Have you tried using a less pikey version of Windows XP?

Works fine here. Main problem is that things are in a mess here and I can't find the box the phone came in, which contains the appropriate lead, and that my 4-port USB hub is full up, so I have to unplug something......update.......one of those 4 is a Nokia USB charger, so that can go in the "random chargers and adapters" drawer.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It isn't something that usually bothers me - somebody holding a BlackBerry. Somebody trying to make out that they're important by having a loud conversation is far more annoying. :)

Yes: me too. My 6310i was nicked on the underground many years ago.

Reply to
DervMan

The last time I looked at the 6310i, they were relatively expensive - mostly because people wanted them for car kits... :)

Reply to
DervMan

8110 Pearl.

But I don't currently have a decent car kit for it - the Nokia CK7W is incompatible with Blackberries, and with the new cars having to be ordered soon, we're not replacing the kits at the moment - so I'm on one of the cheapies that clips onto the sun visor.

Reply to
SteveH

I'm not talking about using a cable here. This is a Bluetooth issue.

Reply to
SteveH

Oi! I resemble that comment.....

On a more serious note, I didn't really want a Blackberry when I was told I was getting one - but we got Pearls which are far more 'normal phone' looking than the rest of the range.

Reply to
SteveH

I've never understood why, 'cos the converters to use a modern phone on a CARK91 aren't that expensive.

Mind you, I ripped the CARK91 out of the 156 as Katie has no use for it.

Reply to
SteveH