Old mobiles. Quite possibly Nokia.

My old Fuji 2400 fits that bill. Extremely low noise compared to modern SLR digitals, way better than the EOS and Nikons for example. And for webwork even 2.4Mp is overkill. The negatives are the shitty postage stamp rear LCD and the fact that you have to use point and squint technology and it uses Smartmedia which is limited in capacity anf getting difficult to find.

I still keep it in the car, jsut in case I need to take a photo of something.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I bought one off Doug of this parish recently-ish, and I could pretty much exactly echo all of your comments about them. I basically bought it as a replacement for my 3310 so wasn't that fussed about the fancy features - though it was also sort of a replacement for my P800, which I prefer, mainly for the scribble pad. Personally I reckon that although the 6310i isn't an uber-slim phone, it'd still fit those requirements a lot better than the K800i. Personally I'll hang onto mine for a while, mainly 'cos I can't be arsed to change it, and never really send texts much anyway. That, and I've recently started messing about with recording my own audio clips as ringtones and stuff.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Well, something like that, but with decent manual controls, a good LCD screen, SD storage in a body about an 1/8th of the size, and it'd be perfect...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

You forgot the LiIon battery.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There's an example of a photo taken with the Fuji at

it was a visitor to the farm.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ok, now I've got to figure out how those eyes work. They don't look like normal compound jobs. That'll be me not doing anything useful for the rest of the afternoon then... ah well, such is life.

Pretty decent image though - I take it that that is a centre-crop? If not, the lens is doing pretty well for lack of distortion and chroma at the edges.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

No, it's a full-frame image. The lens is excellent. I bought the camera for my work oooohhh ages ago and ran through several of them at the time before settling on the Fuji as the best of the bunch. Limited battery life and other obvious signs that it was an early digital camera aside it's still an excellent tool.

Fuji used to have a rep. for making the lowest noise sensors and IMO that was well justified.

Reply to
Steve Firth