Old mobiles. Quite possibly Nokia.

The Blackberry Pearl I had was bloody terrible. I think I kept it for two days. Hated everything about it. I suspect I'm going to be lumbered with something equally awful soon as I need to be able to do video calls and t'internet.

Reply to
Pete M

I thought it was crap, until I got used to it - now it's growing on me.

But you certainly don't want one for video calls (they don't do it) or Internet (they're not 3G).

If you need a cheapish, decent phone for video calls and internet, you want a K800i - they're only £80 for unlocked GSM stock from Carphonewarehouse - best thing is that they have a 2.1 Megapixel Sony Cybershot camera in them, with a proper flash - so they're a great alternative to a digital camera, too.

Reply to
SteveH

They're not those bloody awful "Walkman" jobs are they? Or are they the follow up to the K750i?

I always get confused with SE's numbering system.

Reply to
Pete M

They're the K750i replacement.

I still can't believe anyone can make such a decent phone and camera combo. for so little cash.

It's a proper SE phone, too - with metal case and decent sized, rubbery, but positive feeling buttons.

The camera is so good that I've ditched my compact digicam now and bought a 'proper' digicam - the phone cam. is good enough for night out and holiday snaps these days.

Reply to
SteveH

Oi! 3.2 Megapixels

Reply to
Abo

Oh, I couldn't be arsed getting up off the sofa to check.

Even better, then.

Reply to
SteveH

Off Ebay, obviously. ;-) A quick glance through shows hundreds of this particular model which are probably fake.

Well, it's meant to have a super camera with a Carl Zeiss lens Internet access via your local wireless LAN, Bluetooth etc GPS FM radio Can be managed via your computer Etc, etc.

None of which work - even the MP3 player is poor with no working volume control.

And the couple of games supplied are in Chinese...

Comparing it to a mates one you'd never tell the difference by looking. But you can as soon as you use it by the feel of the controls - let alone things not working.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Depending on things a hub may not be able to supply the necessary power up the USB lead.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yep, that's the reason I went for a Pearl too

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Yes, the K800i is a great phone just as SteveH says. The K850i I have now is even better, but you won't get one as cheap.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

We had a choice of a Curve or a Pearl. I tried both, liked both, went with the Curve - then gave it back six months later and bought a Palm Treo instead.

Reply to
DervMan

I think my new motor may come with some sort of nokia cark. I think the firm that had it probably used Noka 6230s or similar...

Reply to
Doki

You're in luck if it's for a 6230 - 'cos it'll be a CK7W, which has bluetooth and therefore works with SE phones.

Not sure why it echos really badly with Blackberries, though - but it's a well documented issue.

Should be fine with your SE, though.

Reply to
SteveH

What I know from being a phone geek:

Roughly - phones starting with 'W' are Walkman phones. They are similar to the others but have different MP3 playing software.

'P' Phones are PDAs, they generally run Symbian and have touch screens and styluses.

'T' Phones seem to be quite basic talk, text phones.

'J' Phones are for girls.

There's Rs and Zs and I don't know what they're all about.

'K' Phones are the sort of business oriented ones, they usually have the most useful features I've found, like memory card slots and 3G t'internet. Doubt you can go wrong with a high numbered K phone.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Not guilty - I've never owned a Range Rover.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I fear it may be some kind of generic model. Didn't look like a CK7W, although I wasn't payimg much attention to it.

Reply to
Doki

ScouseTube?

Reply to
Doki

I think Z denotes a flip phone. It did when I bought my Z600 years ago. One of the first camera phones. So high tech! So massive!

Reply to
Doki

I am now imagining some sort of Big Ger Cafferty character being the previous keeper of your car...

Reply to
Doki

Sounds about right, plus Doki's comment. I bought a W300i, the smallest, cheapest Walkman handset. Great Walkman functionality, great at talking, superb battery life, poor camera. Like, I need a camera in a 'phone?

Turns out it has the same battery as the K800i.

Reply to
DervMan