One more annoying rattle sorted.

Been getting this annoying tap tap tap rattle at between 2 and 3k rpm. Though it sounded like it was coming from the A pillar. Have added the gauge pod there, so I though the screws were poking through the trim too far and hitting the inside of the pillar.

Sunday removed the trim and filed down the protruding screws. Still just as bad. Wednesday, took the screws out and trimmed them down with a dremel and refitted them, one by one. Bugger still as bad, then I opened the door, and the sound was coming from the door as well as the pillar. Checked the hinges and fitting, all solid. Fished arround in the door bin, and found my ice scraper. Put it in the glove. Instant rattle gone. I have lived with this for weeks trying to work what was loose and knocking. It was so loud it drowned out the radio at motorway speeds unless you really wound it up.

Thank f*ck it is sorted now. The other one behind the dash was even easier. The sprung metal plate ontop of the ashtray had sagged a little and bending it up further tensioned the spring further and that stopped it buzzing.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Reminds me of the other day when my sister had her first drive in my Ti

- she drives a 52 plate Clio.

"this car's very creaky," she said.

Reply to
fishman

How many more rattles do you have left to solve then :) ?

:-D

Reply to
DanTXD

LOL. You found something worse than legendary french build quality :)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I dare you to say that when it 15 years old.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I doubt i'll still have it then :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Although the 405 didn't rattle much and that was over 10 when i got rid of it.

Reply to
DanTXD

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "DanTXD" slurred :

Same here - my 405 is 11 years ancient and just has a slight creaking from bootlid in cold weather. OTOH, my 12 yo 205 is quite rattly, in a cheerful sort of way :)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

My Citroen AX still drives like new with no rattles, but then it only has

28K miles....
Reply to
jb

405 has over 100k now.
Reply to
DanTXD

When it has done another 40k come back and see me.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Awwwww thats gonna take ages, remind me in 5 years :)

Reply to
DanTXD

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Sleeker GT Phwoar slurred :

my 405 has done 146k, and is essentially rattle-free, so there. :)

Parent's Xantia has done over 150k and is completely rattle free, unlike the passat at 90k they had previously.

French cars obviously rock :) I am also obviously pist as a thing. A fruit, or something.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

"Thats not very interesting, but then, neither are Toyota cars"

;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Oh I know when this was posted, after 20 mins after Mr Clarkson said it.

How very original. ;) Actually, one of the Neighbours has bought a very tidy condition J plate corolla 1.6 executive. 1 year newer, but looks like it comes from a century back, compared to the Celica. Really odd. They either make cars that date quickly, or hardly age at all.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

"chomp"

Reply to