Oooh, look what Ecosse have for sale...

How much you reckon it's worth?

Pity its red :(

-- Chet

Chet

Not a lot it's still a 405. I wouldn't pay more than £2000 for it and it's only worth what people are prepared to pay.

Reply to
Depresion

Do you realise how rare it is, if it is a genuine T16, not a conversion?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

That can be an advantage as well as inconveniance. But I think their price will be 5000 to 6000 UKP.

Still: a Sierra Cosworth 4WD would be a far better option and available for the same amount of pennies.

Tom

Reply to
Tom De Moor

The fact it's a rare 405 doesn't change the fact it's a 405. I still wouldn't pay more than 2 grand for it.

Reply to
Depresion

Fair enough, but it's a VERY capable car.

TorSen diffs front, rear, and centre, 220bhp, permanent 4x4, etc. etc. The 405 was the only chassis of it's time that could handle the power

*properly*. As a drivers car, it annihilates the Sierra Cosworth, Cavalier Turbo, etc. Go and read some reviews. - the one I have in Autocar, says you've gotta go upto a Porsche before you begin to better it !
Reply to
Nom

Good fair competition then ;)

Who cares? Its still the greatest car ever :)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

So you did steal my Autocar mag i got from ebay!

Bastard!

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

If you mean the Dimma one,

My girlfriends uncle sprayed that at his garage, and the garage next door is the one that built it.

If you go to the Dimma website and read the write up from the barbados rally that its just taking part in he done quite well, but they kind of miss a pretty major point out :)

Chad

Reply to
Chad

Yup :D

That's me :D

Reply to
Nom

i think its the rarity if the thing combined with peugeot handling would make it a worth while buy, however give me an LC anyday, even over an m5

Reply to
Theo

Cavalier Turbo, etc.

yes and yes :)

Reply to
dojj

Fair enough. But if you tweaked the 405 to the same extent, then it would be equally as good - providing it was reliable.

Reply to
Nom

Agreed, and agreed.

Reply to
Nom

Pikes Peak to be precise with Ari Vatanen in the drivers seat.

That 405 has exactly 1 part in common with the 405 T16: the Peugeot grille with logo.

One of the Pikes Peak-405 is in the Peugeot museum, a sister-car was sold later along with 3 containers of (specific) spare parts for the price of 200.000 UKPounds. It took quite some time to find a buyer...

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Its a 2 door that pike peak one :) The movie is called 'climb dance' if anyone fancies a download - its seriously cool.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Ah didnt know about that one,

the Dimma one is a full WRC kitted one in grey. with full 4WD ford cosworth drivetrain.

looks ace and goes like shit.

check out

for review of his first rally. Its Terry Pankhurst thats the driver / owner.

Chad

Reply to
Chad

Correct. The reason for the 2 doors is that it was never a 405 but an evolution of the 205 Group B- rallyecar. Group B got outlawed on safety grounds due to Henri Toivonen-crash in Corsica with the Lancia S4 Group B.

Peugeot entered their slightely modified Group B car in the Paris-Dakar because that race was the only one in which they were autorised.

Peugeot smashed all opposition with the far superior car and the even more superior maintenance: on every "bivak" a French military aircraft dropped a Peugeot factory in the desert. Even Porsche factory hadn't dared this...

Due to marketing reasons the 205 Grand Raid changed optically into the 405 Grand Raid (hence 2 doors) with as final evolution the Pikes Peak-car with the enormous wings and an estimated 900 BHP.

One wonders where Grouppe B would have gone with 4x4-cars in plastic bodywork producing up to 1000 blown ponies... Even more wondering : 15 years later , rally-cars with only 300 HP batter all stage-record of the Group B-cars...

Modern rally-cars are great but next to Ford RS200, Lancia 037 and S4 , Audi Quatro, Rover Metro R6 and other Peugeot 205's... they look a bit shaky. And when the noise comes up... no contest.

Regards,

Tom De Moor

In fact : g

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I am 20 and feel i understand :) I have a movie of a 205 grp B T16 doing mental rally ness, very cool :)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405