Clear indicators for Saab 900

Chaps,

does anyone know if it's possible to get clear indicator/sidelight units for an 1988 Saab 900? If so, where from..

cheers

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Yep,

or Speedparts in Sweeden or even Abbott Racing if you've got more moeny than sense ;-).

They look a lot better than the standard orange/clear cluster. Have a look at mine

Cheers Matt

Reply to
**-**

Beat me to it you bugger.

Must buy some myself sometime.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

BTW, there is no e, it is Rapid.

And there is nowt wrong with a tidy Rapid.

Stripped out, and rocking.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

i like that actually, looks good but needs some window tints :)

Reply to
Vamp

If it is like mine, it has factory bronze tints as standard.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Just been thinking, if your 8v is an '88, then it is the SE model isn't it?

Body kit, but not the aero one. Minilite style wheels (if original) Rear handbrake, and an APC/Intercooler setup, unlike earlier 8v models.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yup its got the Bronz tints, and very nice they are too!! Besides that window film stuff has gotta weight in at at least 500g's, I'm not reducing my power to weight ratio for some darker s**te looking windows.

Reply to
**-**

Good lad, another Saab owner on here, we're almost rivaling the 620ti owners ;-)

If you need any spares drop me a line, I've got a plenty.

Have you tuned it yet? They respond well to a bit of extra boost, best bet is to give the fueling screw on the metering head a slight adjustment then run around 1bar, should give you around 185bhp and the trim 45 T3 on the T8 spools up quicker than the larger trim ones on the 16V. Just don't go much more than 1bar without some form of supplimental intercooling, water injection works very well, as the 8V head is a bit sensitive and tends to crack between 2 & 3 if you get it too hot.

Cheers Matt

Reply to
**-**

Not tuned it yet - is that the mod to the resistors in the APC controller and a wastegate mod?

Found out the reason for the electric fan not working :-(. Stone hole through rad= no water in rad. Bugger..

Don't suppose you've got a spare radiator have you :-) ?

Cheers for the info!

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Got one but its silted up, bout 80quid for a decent Rad from eurocarparts

IIRC) or see if PFS
can do you one cheaper. I tend to go through one every track day (and a bumper, lights, front panel etc. not that I take pleasure in nudging 355's out of my way LOL).

Leave the wastegate well alone, you need it set low to dump enough boost when knock occurs and if you shorted the rod it won't reduce the pressure quick enough. The APC mod for the 8V is commonly known as the Type-M mod, Saab used it in the one make 900 series. Swapping the throttle body for an Early T16 one and mounting a dump valve on it will help throttle response between gear changes as well. A reliable 220bhp is possible from the 8V with minor mods (mainly water injection) and 1.2bar (swap to an early T16 T3 Turbo) and the 8V's have a certain charming hard edged engine note when pushed hard.

Reply to
**-**

, then some traffic eh?

Yep I do like a good 8vT, actually by 85 or 86 all 8v's got an intercooler

Saw one at a car show in north yorks today, not yours by chance?

Reply to
jb

In article , snipped-for-privacy@up-uranus.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Thats a bit of a bugger.

I thought mine was playing up this week too. It didn't appear to come on (and you can really hear/feel it come on) even though it's been really warm.

So I disconnected the terminats from the thermoswitch, and bridged them with a set of long nose pliers. Fan Fired up wonderful.

Gave the temrinals on the switch a quick scrape, and closed the gaps on the connectors a little. Then spent 1/2 an hour getting up to temperature at idle (not a great idea to do regularly I know)

Got hot, got hotter, got to about 2/3 green on the tempgauge. Thought the switch was buggered, and just about ready to throw on the heater full incase of probs, then it nips up just a little more on the gauge, and the fan kicks in. Luverly, all working fine. No where near red as well. Loverly safe margin.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Not unless someone stole it overnight and took it up there and delivered it back to Marlow this morning :-)

I took the missus to see Shania Twain in Hyde Park yesterday, and damn good it was too.

Back to reality now, I'm currently taking the rad of the Saab to replace it tomorrow with a good s/h one I got for £40... I'm following the instructions in the Haynes book of lies, so I may be gone some time :-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Matts Easy Guide To Rad Replacement.

Remove all boost pipes in front of rad, safe pipes and hose clips. Stuff some rags into turbo and throttle body to stop dirt ingress. Remove lower hose and let coolant drain, remove top hose and loosed clip on thermo housing, rotate hose out of way. Undo the two bolts at the top of the rad and remove. Til rad towards gearbox/engine and pull free off rubber mounting blocks. Bin the old rad Re-assembly is the reverse of removal LOL

Like all things on C900's it looks difficult but is actually quite simple.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

It's one of these

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Thats your standard late model 8vT, still a good one to have though with

155bhp!

You could get the 2/3 door 8valve Turbo's until '89, the very last 300

3-doors were the SE's.
Reply to
jb