Opinions, please

It's a dodgy colour to display on a screen - as are all pearl / metallics.

There's one locally in that colour and I think it doesn't look bad at all - it's more of a platinum colour than it is gold, IYSWIM.

The full side profile of a new Passat is spectacularly unflattering - as has been said elsewhere in the thread, they look like a big Jetta, which isn't really a good thing, as the Jetta proportions are pretty much spot on.

I just really don't want to go with the same old dark metallic / pearl as every other rep and middle manager who's given a Passat has chosen.

I'm sort of leaning towards arctic blue-silver, though.

Reply to
SteveH

->

92_1.JPG

->

->Good or 'my eyes'?

My bowel motion is in for a service and they had a new new Passat in the showroom in that hearing aid beige, looked vile.

The Passat suites dark colours and at least 16" wheels.

Reply to
Geoff

Yeah, CCD colour response (camera) + LCD (i.e truly s**te) colour response (screen) -> Picture is nothing like the reality.

Hum.

There may be a reason that no-one chose that colour, of course...

That sounds like it might be a plan.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Muchhhhhhhhhh nicer.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

LOL.

Reply to
Conor

hmmm

BMW 320d? Merc C220CDi hatch (or whatever they call it)?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Both of which require a significant contribution on my part.

Passat 2lt TDI SE with metallic / pearl paint comes in quite a bit under £18k.

Even a 318d SE comes in at around £22k, ffs!

A hatch is definitely out, just not the right image for me - hence I've definitely ruled out the Golf. As for the Merc, they're just a bit shit.

Reply to
SteveH

New passat is a work of art imo, but that colour Steve.... OMG

But the Estate is quite nice :)

It can be one of 3 colours imo, black, black or black

If you have to be different, go for the one that is the artic blue colour, the ABT one above..

Reply to
Ronny

Saw a bloke in an open-top Eos on the M1 this evening, needless to say he looked like an utter tool. And it was the 2lt FSI engine as well (which correct me if I'm wrong is the very slow one), so the way it was going he must have been absolutely caning it. Trying too hard in every way.

Dont like that colour much. Don't they come in Focus ST orange?

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Well, the 2lt FSI is 148bhp, so not that slow, even considering the weight it's dragging around.

Heh. No. I could have Tornado Red, but, IMHO, that should be reserved for the Golf GTI.

Arctic blue / silver, it is, then.

Reply to
SteveH

Is this different to the FSI you can get in the non-gti Golf? Because I heard that one is really really slow.

I dunno, I think the blue ones look a bit more dated. And silver is just too *German*.

Hmm, what's the candy white option look like?

Reply to
Tom Robinson

It's a new(ish) engine - not the same as the old 2lt petrol lump from the MkIV GTI. The new FSI is definitely 148bhp, which appears to be 'adequate' for the purposes - it's around the same BHP as the old 1.8T engines.

Hmmmm, I'm not a fan of silver, and, as I've said, every other one is either black, or a blue so dark it may as well be black. There's a mid blue metallic, but it's all a bit 70s metalflake.

This is the arctic blue / silver:

which I think suits it.

Eww, white. No. I've had 2 white cars - the Primula looked horrible, the

75 looks like a fridge. I can live with it on the 75, as it's small enough to carry it off, but white on a Passat would be very, *very* wrong. Besides, I'd have to wash it every day in the winter, the kind of places I'm visiting are a bit out in the sticks.
Reply to
SteveH

Trafpol without the graphics...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Normally I'd agree but I think it's kind of an off-white colour isn't it? I don't think that'd look too bad. Haven't actually seen the colour though.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Actually, the B6 Passat isn't offered in white. I can see why.

Reply to
SteveH

looks quite pimp in the pics hmmm, lowering springs and some audi RS 18's sweet! if it was or for a company car then i doubt i'd care what it was, something big-ish and comfy is what i'd go for so probably a passat would be my choice. then i'd by something stupid for the weekend

:)

Reply to
Vamp

'Tis a pity they don't offer the pearlescent dark red any more - says Ken who has a pearlescent dark red B5.5 1.8T Sport, so not at all biased

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

Agreed. Also, it's lines make it look like the rear is jacked up, Starsky & Hutch style.

Reply to
Abo

Actually yeah, look at the pics on the VW website. Nearly all are taken at angles to hide this. It's as if they're ashamed ;)

Reply to
Abo

The estate is much nicer, but hold the roofbars...

Reply to
Abo