OT: Any chance of favour.

I'm playing with streaming audio. the stream is at

I've playlisted until about 10PM then it goes into auto play. Does it play OK? Thoughts on tracks you heard? Was the quality OK?

This is running direct off my DSL line, not one of the dedicated stream server services.

Reply to
Elder

It should be:

(too many colons). And when I clicked it, Winamp started to open an mp3, which is still downloading....

1.04mb......1.10mb...
Reply to
getbent

WMP9 with all the updates streams it fine here. Good quality too.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I've 'Open URL'ed in WMP now and it's streaming....

speed and quality are great, I'm on 4mbps Cable. Shoot it up!

Reply to
getbent

I'm on 1mbps down here in the sticks, still working perfectly :-)

Mike p

Reply to
Mike P

Oops. Typo in the address yes.

Reply to
Elder

:) I'm not far from him anyway so it should be quicker for me ;)

Reply to
getbent

It is at 128bit and 44khz quality.

Got quite a large collection to play. I'm on a Bulldog 4meg connection.

Reply to
Elder

Excellent.

I'm playing with Icecast2 and the SamBroadcaster online radio studio software. I used a very early version about 4 years ago for a similar experiment and it is pretty damned good now.

Reply to
Elder

Cool. Does the streaming software just look at your mp3 collection and mix them and stream them?

Reply to
getbent

Icecast is a streaming server that you configure with an xml file (pretty well commented and decent help file)

Sam Broadcast is the studio type software. It uses a database of files (Mysql, postgres, MS SQL, or Firebird) had MySQL installed so I used that. You can either use to do a live show (including mic, sound effects etc), set up a play list and it run through that in "auto DJ" format, or you can set it to just "auto DJ" through the entire Database. When using the whole DB, the Auto DJ seemed to prefer Elvis Costello, and Ian Dury.

Reply to
Elder

Woah, great stuff. I'll have a mess with that, thanks.

Reply to
getbent

It's good fun. Sam

even has the option, and a link out, to run a small low power transmitter PCI card for running a real radio station at local events (illegal of course in the UK).

Also you may even be able to patch a phone or cell phone in through the AUX options, and do a single line at a time live phone in/interview. Now that would be spooky

Reply to
Elder

It's rockin here in Winamp :-)

A little Lou Reed.

Reply to
DanTXD

Offspring :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

I think I tuned in to Faget by Korn?? There was a silence a couple of times and then it stopped completely. But then I'm on poverty 512.

Reply to
fishman

I noticed it does drop in and out when new people connect and drop off. I think 1meg appears to be a workable minimum listening speed, even though it is streaming up on a 400k upstream.

Reply to
Elder