I think I saw lady luck out of the corner of my eye earlier.

Although I may have mistaken the expression on her face though. I thought it might have been a smile, but now I realise it was the smirk when she knows who pissed on your chips.

After getting the turkey cooked yesterday, and having the roasties look a little bit soggy, I decided to warm up some leftover spuds to go on the side of a ham salad.

After 20 minutes, opened the door and I get an icy blast blowing out. Yes, the fan was working, but the element is kippered. No heat. Just typical. Hob works, grill works, we have a micro and got given a "George Formby" grille for crimbo so at least we can eat.

But I thought maybe I might get a little change of luck.

Reply to
Elder

It's God smiling down on you. The death of the oven has saved you from such joys as left over turkey casserole and left over turkey pie.

Reply to
Conor

We have left over turkey. There is a whole breast off the crown untouched.

I'm going to strip the carcass tonight and boil it with some veg tomorrow to make a load of stock for freezing.

Reply to
Elder

Well that should ensure that the freezer fails this evening.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Stock pot is now bubbling, and will be for a couple of hours.

Turkey carcass, two carrots, 2 onions and several sticks of celery. Once that has extracted everything possible from the goods, it will sieved. Half will be frozen as stock for casseroles/soup, the other half will be made in soup using potato and left over baked ham, some leek, more carrots and fresh herbs.

Reply to
Elder

Time to get a decent one.

Unlike the last failure, it isn't the element arcing out. As it was under =A3200 new, lasted 2 years, then arc'd out the element, I= =20 replaced the Element last January.

Had the fan/Element cover off and that hans't happened this time. Time to replace it. problem is, it needs to be a 50CM one to fit. And=20 most cheap ones and most decent ones, and even the very few cheap and=20 decent ones are 60cm. With 50cm limits, it is very cheap and nasty, or pricey for reasonable=20 quality. There is a Creda/Hotpoint and a Zanusi we are looking but they=20 are both over =A3400.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Schelmish-Scotch tune

Reply to
Elder

FWIW, the Baumatic we have has been good. I'm not going to break it to Mrs F, that it is an Italian built Whirlpool.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hmm, Baumatic. Will need to check them out. Missus just looked and they start 60cm wide.

We really need to find that church to do a grand design on.

Reply to
Elder

Make gap wider. Got a 60cm stoves that we've had 6 years. They do 50s as well IIRC.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'm sure they do a 500mm.

But then again, I can't find any on t'web.

There's this:

And we've had excellent service from every Zanussi appliance we have owned. Just retired a washing machine last year which we had owned since 1983. It was still working fine, but every six years or so it needed a new door catch and I got pissed off changing them.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Surprise the bitch had time to f*ck you over as well as my daily dose heh :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Missus has a thing about double ovens or at least double cavity/seperate grill. Quite like this one.

And Empire direct have been the cheapest combined price and delivery that we have found too.

Reply to
Elder

I'm not building a bloody extension and moving a chimney breast for=20

10cm.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Schelmish-Scotch tune

Reply to
Elder

It really does feel like that sometimes doesn't it.

Reply to
Elder

Aiiiieeeeeeee Hotpoint! Run Away, Run Away...

FWIW Mrs F went for the "range" cooker from Baumatic with a seond oven with a thing you stick a chicken on and it goes round and round. Fascinates the tiny people in the family.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Would love one of them, to make my own Doner Kebab (the proper ones with the slices of marinaded lamb or chicken trimmed into bits on a naan or pitta). I know it is supposed to be done vertical, but a spit roast would do it. My mother had one in her Creda built in.

Reply to
Elder

At which point I found this

Elder

Maybe we should all meet up and see if we can cause some global disaster?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Hmmm....Capper with a carb and no CAT, a 100,000 mile Pinto engine, a

10mm spanner and a bottle of Redex. Put the lot together, apply 3000RPM and what have you got?
Reply to
Conor

Global warming

Reply to