It's been rather hot...

So have the kilts been out then?

Reply to
fishman

Unfortunatley not. Had a few meetings this week as to whether I get made redundant or not. Wouldn't really have suitable while they are still making the decission. And I hopefully find out yay or nay today.

Reply to
Elder

Decent payoff?

Reply to
Abo

Oh arse (or not depending on the package if you go or whether you go at all I suppose)

Would you be in line for a decent payout, if so could be an interesting summer for you and the boost you need to get your own outfit up and running. Like I said before I've done loads of research into the mobile tyre/aircon etc business you mentioned an interest in.

I also know it's profitable importing from far east & flogging online/ebay for a comparatively small upfront investment (maybe 2k) which will on average double each time you sell out of stock, so turn the initial 2k into 4k, 4k into 8k or keep the initial 2k as your capital which you reinvest in stock each time and live off the profits (assuming you make 2k each time you sell out and that happens monthly thats 2k before tax to live on). Although it makes sense to reinvest as much profit as you can otherwise you'll never grow the business (but the 2k per month figure is achievable with a fraction of the effort you will be putting into your current job and you can do it from home so no commute = choice of ANY fun car).

Sorry about all that, hope it goes in your favour (which ever way that may be)

Reply to
fishman

For some reason in this heat. I just spend a couple of hours waxing the

206. I am a little warm and sweaty right now...
Reply to
DanTXD

Statuatory basic minimum they can get away with. And now we won't know until Tuesday at earliest.

Reply to
Elder

Roughly 5 weeks pay, 5 weeks notice pay, 3 weeks holiday.

TBH, not sure what I want to be doing ATM.

Reply to
Elder

I did that Sunday.. Wash, paint clean, polish, Wax, rub the white wax dust off with a static duster.

Reply to
Elder

Hmm that sucks: your notice period (taxed), holidays accrued and then one week's pay for every year you've been with them.

Good luck mate (having been through it all myself earlier in the year...)

Reply to
Abo

Yup, as I've been there 5 years, 5 weeks notice pay instead of the normal month (one week per year as it is more than 4 years).

And we still won't know now until Tuesday as some one is on holiday.

And thanks, I need all the luck I can get.

Reply to
Elder

No meeting, so the kilt is on today.

Reply to
Elder

REJOICE!! That's made my day, thanks :D

Reply to
fishman

some strange reactions, then when I tell them why, admiring looks, and comments such as "Well, you have balls".

Reply to
Elder

Going to test whether aircon on, and footwell vents makes a difference as a kilt wearer.

Reply to
Elder

You been sat with your legs open? ;)

Reply to
Abo

You did remember the sporran, didn't you?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

No sporran, highland games/battle dress style. Big boots (black steelies), black ben sherman shirt, black T shirt under.

Reply to
Elder

Under the kilt? That's an odd place to wear a t-shirt...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Are you really Jonathan Davis from Korn?

Reply to
Abo

Hair is sort of growing into a "Hugh Grant" and the Goatee I shaved off at the end of last summer seems to be re-appearing, slowly, along with bigger sideburns.

Reply to
Elder