OT: Anyone "bought" from Phones4U?

Well, sucks to have to go back, but brilliant news about the all clear :-) A weight has been lifted I should imagine?

I've just had a home visit from my new second consultant. This is a guy from the hospice in Scarborough, his speciality been keeping people in, shall we say, 'worsening conditions', pain free and as comfy as possible. Really nice chap, recommended I go stay at the place for a week or so, so they can get like a full work up of me and my drugs an stuff to make sure I have everything I need and am as comfortable as I can be - which I'm not really atm. But I'll have to have a think about, I'm not really 100% behind not being at home, but it seems like a good idea so...

Reply to
DanB

Just think about it as a weeks holiday, and a break for your folks. They might have cute nursies short skirts. They are supposed to do everything to make you happy.

Reply to
Elder

Hmmmm, that's a tough one.

Probably worth going in for a week or two to sort out your drugs - whilst you're away your folks can organise the downstairs room for you, so you come back refreshed, pain-free and with no hassles.

Reply to
SteveH

If they've got cute nurses in short skirts, you'll have to fight off a load of visitors from 'ere :-)

Reply to
Pete M

Dan, While you're in the Hospice, I'll come to your house and cut some holes in the floors and stuff to pipe the rooflights on to your bed again?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

All saying "CIHAGM" :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Yea that's kinda how it sounds really, the place has wifi and is more like a big house than a hospital. And mum could really use a break heh, especially after yesterday which was, well, we had a hard day that's all. So I've pretty much decided that I'll go for it - seems like it'll be a hell of a lot easier on me as well, as they're all kitted out with the right stuff, and know what they're doing to get me looked after properly an safely. It seems like a silly thing but the first thing I checked was that they had wifi or internet access in someway in the rooms because it's like, the only thing I can really do at the moment, without being able to browse the net I'd be so bored and just miserable really. It wouldn't be so bad at home, at least I'd have my Xbox and stuff, but I imagine each room won't also be Xbox Elite and Xbox Live equipped, with 42" full 1080p Panasonic plasma TVs as well hehe.

Reply to
DanB

Heh, it's open visiting I hear ;-)

Reply to
DanB

Well we've got downstairs all sorted out now - it's taken 3 days mind you heh! But yea, the other bit would be nice, if of course they can deliver on the promises... Although either way, I mean, it'll be a week away from here so mum an dad'll get a nice break.

Reply to
DanB

I think that that would un-do any stress relieving effect me not being there would have on mum, rather instantly hehe :-)

Reply to
DanB

Hmm, OK, if you're sure. The offer's open if you change your mind.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

wot he said (again!) and I really hope it helps you out.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Damn, now you tell us after we've all ranted at you :-p

Sorry :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

That is a half of what it is about. Respite care. Giving your carers and family a break from your moaning sorry arse ;)

Seriously though, if they can help you and give them a break, where is the loss.

Reply to
Elder

Going in on Monday morning, bed is booked for me for 10 days - though obviously I can leave at any time, and they may feel I'm ready to go home before then, so, it's 'up to 10 days' really. I can have as many visitors as I want, coming and going whenever I like - including my dog, which is apparently encouraged to visit heh. They're sending an ambulance to collect me, which is a load off as we had no idea how I'd go on in the car or even how I'd get outside to get to the car heh!

We're getting a ramp to go at the front door at some point apparently, but the lady that was here earlier wants to give me a new wheelchair too that is apparently a lot comfier, so that'd be nice too. I do find the current one a bit harsh on my back.

Reply to
DanB

When it is family it is never insignificant.

Reply to
Elder