OT: Anyone "bought" from Phones4U?

I say bought because according to them this won't cost me anything.

Orange shop are being a bunch of monkey humpers over the Omnia that I=20 want. They want =A3350 to upgrade on my existing Tarriff. I don't know how they plan to use that Phone to compete with the iPhone=20

3g when for =A35 a month more I can switch to an iPhone 3g. They have a 3 month exlusive deal on the 16gig but the 8gig is available=20 elsewhere.

Voda will do me the 700 minutes + 250 texts + unlimited landline calls +=20 unlimited internet and email + a free 8gig omnia for =A335 a month.

But the Scary Mary squad have posed me an interesting one. They can do me a "phone only upgrade" for free on the 8gig one. No switching to them, orange still bill me as usual, they don't charge=20 me anything, I stay on the same tarriff and I don't take a new contract. But I don't get any landline and internet allowance, never mind=20 unlimited. I don't get it. Unless they lied about the new contract and=20 they get a nice kickback for tying me in again.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Orange shop are being a bunch of monkey humpers over the Omnia that I want. They want £350 to upgrade on my existing Tarriff. I don't know how they plan to use that Phone to compete with the iPhone

3g when for £5 a month more I can switch to an iPhone 3g. They have a 3 month exlusive deal on the 16gig but the 8gig is available elsewhere.

Voda will do me the 700 minutes + 250 texts + unlimited landline calls + unlimited internet and email + a free 8gig omnia for £35 a month.

But the Scary Mary squad have posed me an interesting one. They can do me a "phone only upgrade" for free on the 8gig one. No switching to them, orange still bill me as usual, they don't charge me anything, I stay on the same tarriff and I don't take a new contract. But I don't get any landline and internet allowance, never mind unlimited. I don't get it. Unless they lied about the new contract and they get a nice kickback for tying me in again.

I'd go with the Voda one. Having that last one with no internet allowance completely defeats the object of that Samsung thing anyway.

Reply to
DanB

The voda one seems the best deal. The other contract seems pointless if you are going to be using data. Kind of defeats the object don't ya think?

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Bit cheesey, but it is the official launch.

?v=p9K2cyzcdAM&feature=user

Reply to
Elder

It does, but at =A310 a month more, will I use =A3120 in data calls a year= =20 as I will be unlikely to use all the minutes.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

They'll get a kickback, you probably have to fill out cashback forms. My bird got a contract off them and was fine, but be careful to get everything clear and in writing. I went in there once and their sales tactics put me off buying anything from them.

Reply to
Doki

I'm thinking of going for the Voda deal. But I can't do it online only in store as the phone isn't on the website yet. Still coming soon and for business users.

I'm just waiting for Tesco contract mobiles to get back to me and see if they are going to carry it and with which provider.

Reply to
Elder

Just don't - they're shysters when it comes to support should the phone go wrong IME.

So why not get that instead?

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Well they lied to me that resulted in me filing with the small claims court and getting a full refund. So I'd say stay clear.

Reply to
Depresion

A lot less minutes than I would use. The iPhone =A330 a month 8gig package gives 75 minutes a month. They still= =20 want =A399 for the phone.

If I go for the voda package I get the 8gig version of the Omnia free,=20 unlimited data like the iPhone O2 package, 700 minutes and 250 texts=20 plus unlimited landline calls. And I can install fringer and get all my=20 messenger accounts in one place without having to "jailbreak" the phone,=20 unless they have changed that with the introduction of the app store.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Sounds like fair comment. Cheers

Reply to
Elder

I get all that and more for free.

Ever considered working somewhere less pikey? ;-)

Woohoo... why have so many messenger accounts in the first place?

I seem to get by with just the one MSN account just fine.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Hmm.

Woohoo... why have any messenger accounts in the first place?

I seem to get by with none just fine.

Reply to
Steve Firth

As many as that?? I've got negative amounts. You've gotta get down wid da kidz, innit.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Aye, but then you don't have any friends, do you... :-P

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

I do now but when you're "up to no good" two messenger accounts can come in very useful ;-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I got an ICQ account in 1997, an AIM account from arround 1998, an MSN account in 1999, a yahoo account that came with yahoogroups and works with messenger sometime in 2001, and a gtalk/gmail account arround

2005/6 I have friends on all those networks, some of which don't have other network accounts.

On a pc I use pidgin to keep track. Fringer allows all those and sip/voip, and the voice portion of MSN and Gtalk to work. I tried it on my current phone and it works great, but with no data package it relies on wifi or 3g at my cost.

Reply to
Elder

If they gave me a phone, they would expect to be able to contact me on it. My phone, my choice to be available when I want.

Reply to
Elder

Yup.

...which probably explains why you're still working where you are, i.e: somewhere that sounds decidedly tinpot and with, no disrespect, what sounds like little prospects in terms of money / furthering your career.

One of my assistants have exactly the same attitude, which helps explain why they're still an assistant and not actually moving up the ladder.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

I know people in US/Can, Aus/NZ/SA as well as all over europe. Might get a bit pricey.

And the differenc between moving house and using different messenger clients is, I give someone a new house address, the letter you still gets there, and the same kind of car will driver on the same kind of road.

If I said to all my icq/msn/yahoo contacts, that I wasn't going to answer on those any more and they needed a gtalk account from now on, it is not related at all.

Reply to
Elder