OT: ATTN: Dodgy vehicle sourcing scouse bloke (or other helpful people)

Lookin for 2 things

  1. '97-'00 ex-royal mail iveco 35-10

and

  1. Pre-99 hayabusa egine/loom etc for a kit car.

Anyone know wheres theres any knockin about?

Thank you please!

Reply to
Chet

For request no 2 speak to

He has the contacts.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Tidy, he has one but HFM!?!?! 3k is a bit steep, 2k is even pushin it tbh

Reply to
Chet

In news:ctr69v$v3s$ snipped-for-privacy@kermit.esat.net, Chet decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Does it have to be Royal Mail? If not, I might know where there is one.

Good chance of this. I definately know where there are some scary Fireblade engines.

Will ask tomorrow.

Reply to
Pete M

Huyabusa motors are easy to find. The hard part is wiping all the blood off.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

The Royal Mail ones have no side door, its wanted to become a racing camper and no door means more room. Other than that we could pick a standard one up over here. See pic:

His heart is set on the 'busa lump. He was offered a complete (smacked) R1 for a grand but didn't want it

You're a little star :)

Reply to
Chet

Thats the same with pretty much every bike engine you find!

Reply to
Chet

Enquiries are ongoing..

'Busa lumps, decent, secondhand, start at around £2500+ vat without the loom etc

However, I can probably source you either a 900 'Blade engine for around £600.. orrr

for the 00 injected 'blade a full loom (race spec) with an RTD engine management computer (worth around £3500), fully programmable, with software and manuals, ideal for a kit car, you're looking at around £2000,

'00 Blade motor would be around £900.

I'd go for the 'blade engine personally. Just so I could use the RTD ignition set up. Used it in 2001 on a BSB Fireblade and it works stupidly well.

Reply to
Pete M

ok the motor bike engine is explained but why do you want a royal mail van?

Reply to
Vamp

If you find one.....

I have a friend selling a tubo kit for a 'busa engine ;o) I forget which company (it's a US import) he totalled his before he fitted it.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Gimme as much details as possible!

Reply to
Chet

Missed out on one on ebay a few days back for 2300 buy it now, i think a phone call is in order

I'll give me mate a ring in the mornin and let him know, did i mention you're a little star? :)

Personally i'd go for the blade motor. *Any* bike engined car is gonna be a monster but as i say he has his heart set on the 'busa. For the prices they seem to go for he'd nearly be better off stripping his own 98 and floggin the rest of the bits. He brought it in for austria for very decent money and he hasn't spend anything on it here so he's bound to be quids in.

Reply to
Chet

I have e-mailed him....I suspect it wont be until 9am I get a response though.

Reply to
Mason

ok, it's one of these bad boys ;o)

6th product down.

These are an absolute top company..

Mason

Reply to
Mason

How much will he take?

Reply to
Chet

Camper for short curcuit racing, i'm only pit crew but 2 of the mates race.

Reply to
Chet