OT: Camera / Gatso / NIP question

Hi all,

I realise this is OT but wondered if this just hearsay or actually useull to us or anyone...

A few months back we got caught on camera turning left where we weren't supposed to. We got a photo through and we paid the fine and accepted we were wrong. Won't be doing that again.

Last night in a mini cab we were talking to the driver and he was saying all you have to do with these (and Gatso / NIP etc ) is when you get theNIP through and it asks who is driving, you nominate a friend, saying they were driving. When they get the NIP through, they nominate a friend, and so on, and you just keep passing it around and eventually they give up as it's not worth there while.

My thinking is surely there must be a system in place to stop this and they would eventually just go back to the registered keeper on the V5 and either prosecute or tell them to stop wasting their time. Isn't it technically the same as saying you can't remember who is driving?

Anyone?

Cheers,

SJ

Reply to
Jon E

Pass the parcel, NIP style! Like it :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

LOL! I like it.

Thieving plod bast*rds.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Yes and Yes.

These things only work if the force in question can't be bothered to pursue the claim (perhaps cos they have umpteen thousand others outstanding...).

Reply to
Nom