OT:Cars

Just saw the new Pixar offering with my 2 year old son. We both loved it. They even got most of the engine noises spot on. The Nascar revving at the start was awesome.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

"Fraser Johnston" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

What's the film called?

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Cars

It's in the subject. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

"Depresion" wrote in news:JlOkg.24369$qD.11932 @newsfe1-gui.ntli.net:

Well spotted Depresion, and thanks. My powers of observation after a 12 hour night shift are pretty ropy :-) :-)

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Nice one.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

probably watching either Cars, or Underworld evolution tonight.

Reply to
Elder

Underworld evolution is much better than the first though that's not hard. Or if you have Sky and Motors TV you can watch Le Mans live right through..

Reply to
Depresion

I would love to. But I think the missus would skin me alive if I decided to watch Le Man all night and abandon her.

Reply to
Elder

Watch cars.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Watched Both, UE, Dr Who (latest this series), then Cars. Very nice. Good evenings entertainment ended with catching American Hotrod on Discovery Realtime.

Reply to
Elder

Does not compute.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Well, this weeks was a very weird one. I admit, Dr Who now will never be as good as the John Pertwee days, Tom Baker got close, and Sylvester McCoy gave it a nice surreal twist sometimes. But John Pertwee will always be the Dr for me.

Reply to
Elder

Pertwee was too camp for me, too much like my Rotherham Grandma. Similar voice, too. Tom Baker was insane enough to actually be an alien, and also - I think - had the best combination of technology, writers and casting. Some stories during Peter D's period were pretty good - the one with the Mara(?) sticks in my head (snake thing that moved from arm to arm, and Adric stuck in some sort of walking machine in a jungle) but Peter himself was a poor Doctor.

McCoy was, for me, completely saved by Sophie Aldred.

I really liked the Chris Ecclestone series. Excellent writing and acting, and the dark mood suited. Sure, the Daleks helped, but "Are you my mummy" was a good one.

This week's Doctor Who was utter pants. Look! It's Fungus the Bogeyman mixed with Fat Bastard (and all with a smattering of Robin? Askwith "Confessions Of...")! Ohnoes!

I'm starting to dread the words "Russell T. Davis" when the writer credit appears; I know 10 minutes of each episode is going to be taken by his psuedo-emotional 'deep' section.

Give 'em their dues though, I did snort at the final punchline for Moaning Myrtle's eventual fate.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Cars rocked. Liked the little bits the average UK audience wouldn't get e.g. the little convertable twins were called Mia and Tia. Plenty of racing drivers in it too: Darrell Walltrip, Michael Schumacher, Dale Earnardt Jr, Mario Andretti etc.

Was cool

Reply to
Abo

Very good film. Nice little dialogue running through it about how new isn't always better and if people keep pushing for new, they might lose the good things about the old ways, like service and human contact. I like how they used Route 66 and Highway 40 for that. Sure internet shopping is faster and cheaper but who do you haggle with?

Reply to
Elder

For god sake someone put on some drum and bass and upset the neighours ;)

Reply to
Elder