[OT] Cheapo RC Aeroplane

I managed to nab a spare PC from my father in law the other day and I decided to put it in Freddie's room so he can paint/do Cbeebies or whatever without bothering me while I'm working etc.

Anyway, it needed a new keyboard so I popped into Maplins earlier and came back with a nice slimline keyboard and a £15 (half price) toy RC plane.

What a laff, it's small enough to fly round and round the garden... It's been crashed into the willow tree twice, the shed, the house, next door's tree (twice) but I've managed to fly it under the garden slide (on purpose), and I've got the knack of landing it now.

The second time it went next door, because I felt a bit daft asking for my toy plane back from the old buy (I'm 36 remember...) I managed to retrieve it by lifting up one of the fence panels and grabbing it.

Freddie hasn't had a go yet.

Reply to
Abo

genius! i'm well tempted by one of the RC choppers hehe

Reply to
Vamp

:D I tell you what though, it's just a tiny thing buy the stuff it's made of is light but robust enough to withstand the crashes.

Reply to
Abo

My other halfs little brother has got a RC helicopter and a RC dragonfly!! The dragonfly thing is a bit stupid but the heilcopter wicked!! We made an obstacle course out of Christmas decorations for it and it was great fun playing with it!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Might see if I can persuade the missus to get me one of these for my birthday:

Then again, I'm working on her for a Wii, looks like I'll have to fork out myself.

Reply to
Abo