OT comp problem

ok been looking through google for ages and can't find a fix. now and again my internet explorer won't access ebay or facebook, when i ping the sites it times out yet google and msn.co.uk work fine. i also get the same problem in firefox. any clues?

Reply to
Vamp

It'll be something ISP related I bet, and it'll probably be fine tmrw, so just go to bed and hope some one else fixes it :-)

Reply to
DanB

I've had that. I changed the DNS settings to the ones from "opendns" and it works fine. It's the ISP DNS servers going strange.

Reply to
Appollo

spot on! seems ok now but i've changed the dns to opendns anyway! thought it might have been that but didn't know about open dns till it popped up in google eventually!

Reply to
Vamp

Make sure the MTU setting is right for your ISP as well. Too large and it can fragment packets. Causes hell with https.

Reply to
Conor

The official usenet answer is

a) get a proper newsreader b) get a proper browser c) get a proper operating system d) get a proper computer e) MiCrO$$$oFt SuXxOr$$$!!

Reply to
Mark W