OT: first online game?

me and my cousin were chatting on the x box 360 the other night while playing a bit of teenage mutant ninja turtles 1989 arcade game (downloaded off x box live arcade) and we got into a chat about what was our first online game we played. mine was quake 1 on my own PC and for my cousin it was mech warrior round his mates house which made him buy a £1500 computer and a copy of the game the next day hehe.

also include most addictive online game, for me it was counter strike and for my cousin it was steel battalion (think i spelt that right) on the x box.

Reply to
Vamp

Quakeworld, dunno about most addictive, but I've played CS for years. I'll never be as good at a game as I was at Quake2 though ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Quake 2

World of Warcraft. If you're the least bit geeky then DO NOT GO NEAR THIS GAME, I mean it. It'll suck you in.

Other than that, I used to play Ghost Recon for hours on end with my mates. Pre-skype, we used Teamspeak to coordinate attacks etc.

Reply to
Abo

I play over T-Mobile mobile connect when in hospital. It kills time really well. I'm a level 50 warrior, I think, I can't remember it's been a few weeks heh. I don't play at home though cos I don't get bored like I do in hospital.

Reply to
Iridium

I started in Jan and have got hooked, there is no going back now, I have a lvl 40 priest, a lvl 30 mage, lvl 30 dranai shamman, I even bought Burning Crusade :( to top it all off I even got a Zboard....

Please people for the sake of you love ones, don't try the 10 day free trial :)

Reply to
Ronny

haha your all geeks! mind you i'm the same with oblivion on the 360, had to force myself to stop but now they got add on coming out! bang goes the social life...

Reply to
Vamp

Good God, you bunch of fk'ing nerds :) And that (fake) Stevens was calling *me* a geek ???!

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I don't really see the addiction. I play for like, an hour at a time and then get bored heh. As I say, I don't play at all when I'm at home.

Reply to
Iridium

Unreal Tournament

Reply to
JohnR

Doom for me over IPX/SPX.

Reply to
Conor

Yea baby! that's what I'm talking 'bout you duuurty little minx :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Concentrate on your priest and get them up to level 60 (70 now, I guess). You'll have people begging for you to do the high level instances (which is what you want, for your class armour sets). Instance raids are always short on healers.

Reply to
Abo

LMAO IPX/SPX that's proper old skool hehe

Reply to
Vamp

Same here.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I think I first played a few head to heads like that in Doom/Doom2

But first proper allout online gaming was Quake. Prefered the UT games to the Quake games though.

Reply to
Elder

Quakeworld on a shit phoneline. It was shit. Quake on a LAN, or UT I think if you're talking proper online...

Reply to
Doki

:)

Reply to
DervMan

Points noted. Both my PS2 and Xbox have the relevant leads but I've no plans to do any sort of online gaming...

It's bad enough that I put almost 400,000 miles onto my Gran Turismo 4 Ka and I appear to have worn the disc out...

Reply to
DervMan

My first online game? That flight simulator, hmm, what was it called? Oh, yeah, Air Warrior on my Amiga. This was back in the early 1990s. Anyway I upgraded to SVGA Air Warrior in about 1994.

Most addictive? I failed my stockbroker exams because of the original Gran Turismo game. Twice.

There is one game I've been playing on and off for about fifteen years now, that's the first two X-Com games, The Enemy Unknown and Terror From The Deep.

Reply to
DervMan

x-com ah man that brings back days from when i was at school x-com ruled!

Reply to
Vamp