OT: Hutton

Just wondering what everyone else's views on the Hutton whitewash sorry report are? Personally I think the absolutely no blame for the PM approach will come back to haunt him as people are going to think the report was written with the aid of AC in the same way the Iraq dossier was.

Reply to
Depresion

Hutton is a non-issue in comparision with the grounds on which we went to war, which seem rather shaky at the moment. I imagine Tony Blair and Alistair Campbell love the furore around the Hutton report, even though it's got nothing to do with whether or not the "dodgy dossier" was or wasn't dodgy. All they've said is that Gilligan's notes didn't prove the dossier was dodgy.

Reply to
Doki

I did all indeed work out /very/ conveniently and nice for the PM didn't it...

Reply to
Dan405

Not that i am at all sceptical - but yes.

Reply to
Dan405

bit like the tuition fees eh

Reply to
Fishman19

Oh Yes, didn't it just...

Mike

Reply to
Mike P in Brazil

I think Tony Blair is teflon, and I despise the current administration with some degree; with the exception of Brown, who is a very sensible person and not given to too much 'politics' - at least in the public eye.

Hutton can hardly have been impartial. Kudos to Howard for not backing down, though - if Blair really had nothing to hide, he could easily and honestly have repeated his statements.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

He wouldn't have managed it if he hadn't gotten his Scottish MPs to vote his way. Of course, the constituents of Scottish MPs don't have to put up with top up fees. The Tories didn't have their Scottish MP vote deeming it undemocratic.

Reply to
Doki

Pity they didn't do a similar thing when they introduced the Poll Tax to Scotland...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

It's always that way with politicians :).

Reply to
Doki

Lord Hutton is a judge, a member of the legal system. The BBC were open and honest about what they did which is why they got hanged, where as the politicians, in my opinion, were not. As a judge everything has to be proven with evidence, there was no evidence that the Politicians did anything wrong because they simply didn't what they did openly and honestly.

How could you attend a meeting where it was on the agenda to discuss whether or not Doctor Kellys name would be released to the press, discuss it and then not recall having done so when questioned about it? When I attend a meeting I come away with some idea of what was discussd afterwards even when I try my best not to.

The biggest result from the report is that the Hutton report is being discussed instead of the issue at hand which was the dodgy dossier.

-- James

Reply to
James

Absolutely on the button. Are we to believe that the BBC introduced the completely bizarre claim that Iraq was 45 minutes away from launching weapons of mass destruction on this country?

In which case, Blair et al would be entirely to blame afterwards - for believing the BBC.

Reply to
antispam

To all intents and purposes the BBC story was wholly correct. On the other hand the information used by the servants of transnational corporations, to justify attacking the people of Iraq was pure fabrication!

Looking at this matter objectively its pretty clear that Hutton was little more than a PR stunt, to divert attention from the obvious fact that if the Nuremburg priciples, were even handedly applied to members of government, they would now be facing criminal charges, rather than gloating over the fact that once more they have gotten away with murder!

Chris

Reply to
Chris