[OT] Insane Burger

I *used* to eat like a horse and stayed at 12 stone, 6'0" for years and years.

When I got to late thirties, suddenly the weight piled on. 15 stone now and trying to lose some...

Reply to
PCPaul

lol half a stone under my weight is hardly health damaging! my doc said i should be around 11 stone but i yo yo a bit between 10.5 and 11 stone for some reason. most of the time i'm just over 10.5 though. do like kind of weird cos i don't have a lot of fat just muscle from the kick boxing, i look a bit like the picture in the old science books of the human body with all the muscles shown lol

Reply to
Vamp

Utter rubbish,

Your BMI result is:

18.90 You are in the healthy weight range.

"Medical research suggests that this range is associated with the best health and least risk of heart disease, some cancers, osteoporosis and a range of other health problems. There are no health benefits to changing your weight, but your health will benefit from being active and eating a healthy diet."

Reply to
James

Err you'd be surprised. Half a stone under is more damaging than a stone over.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No it's not.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I must be really healthy then.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I once had really sudden and quite nasty back pain (all sorted by some anti-inflammatories temporarily, and not had any real problems since) - when I went to the doctor, she asked the question "does your weight stay constant?". Still makes me chuckle to this day, that does.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

lol

Reply to
Abo

Well we talk about anything but modification, so why not lol

Thanks! Those of you who've met me know I'm hardly on the small side myself, but it's coming off nicely...

Reply to
Abo

I was impressed by one of my mate's method of giving up smoking. He did it in secret. Completely avoids smoking being the topic of every conversation you have with anyone for 3 months.

Reply to
Doki

No, probably not hugely damaging, but I'd try to keep it up at 11 if I were you. Fat does a lot of biochemical things - it is involved in the production and regulation of steroids, it acts as your reservoir of water, and in the case of brown fat it directly converts stored energy to heat on demand - it is vital to temperature regulation.

Not having enough functional fat cells can affect bone strength, muscle formation and fertility, amongst others, so I'd avoid being pointlessly skinny if I were you.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Poor didums is out of the house for 11 hours a day and can't find the time to do 30 minutes exercise every other day....

I was out of the house up to 14 hrs a day and still found the time.

Does your workplace have a gym?

Reply to
Conor

That small? I swear he had to fold himself in three last time I saw him get into a car.

Reply to
Conor

I've got plenty of spare ones he can have.

Reply to
Conor

I just think about something else when I want one. I haven't told myself I've stopped. If I want one, I say "I'll have one in 20 mins" then forget about it and end up doing something else.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Hmm, for some reason I don't recall you towering over me.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Heheh, is everything all right at home Conor?

You're in a phase of starting your posts with something argumentative at the moment.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heheh, it's not a very big car...

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Perhaps if he was lying down?

(c;

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I work shifts and try to make a point of doing something before I go to work or after I get home and on at least one of my rest days.

My work keeps me nice and active outdoors too. I'm not about to run a marathon, but I am feeling pretty good about myself at the moment.

I dabbled in archery a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. Never got as far as buying my own kit and the club I was attending had to look out all the weird, rarely used, outsized stuff, but it was a laugh and the walking to and fro to collect one's arras at least counts for something.

Reply to
Douglas Payne