OT problems selling my P6

Sorry this is OT but you're a friendly bunch and UKRC.Classic is almost dead as the cars they talk about on there...

How to sell my 1975 P6 2200SC?

I've had no end of problems caused by selling this car, all of them through time wasting, idiot individuals or scam artists, rather than the quality of the car itself.

Does anybody on here have any advice? It's been on ebay three times now, properly listed as a car which isn't cheap and it has made its way on to all sorts of classic classified sites and has been advertised in two classics magazines that you'd find in most WH Smiths.

I'd really appreciate any help because I don't have the space for it, yet I don't want to end up giving it away for free because a) It's so good b) I'd like a few hundred quid from the sale to take a little holiday especially after the stress of trying to sell it!

If anyone on here might be interested, or know someone who might, please use the following link for some pics

the now ended, but not fruitful, ebay auction
As you can see I'm not asking the earth for it, so why so many problems?

Please help!

Reply to
fishman

£550!?

Bloody hell. I'd have it, even though it's a slug. Sadly I have too many cars. If someone buys the Sera and/or Supra, I'll be on a train to whatever godforsaken bit of the UK you're crammed into ;)

Unless you're into old computers. Could sort you out with a nice pile of rarities ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Think I am ganna have to move the gallery lol, it doesnt look to good trying to sell a car with the URL wellcheap.com :) shall I move it too the UKRCM server?

would be better

Ronny

Ronny

"Ronny" wrote

Yeah Ronny I BLAME YOU GRRRRRRRRRRRR :oP

Reply to
fishman

Try some banger racing forums.

HTH

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Banger *crawling*. It's an auto.

You only buy a 2000 auto if you've got no interest in driving.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote

I know I'm trying to sell the thing but it truly does make my Micra feel like a responsive sports car after driving the P6 for a day or two :S

Reply to
fishman

Keep on. I'll be handing over £300 notes for it, I can see this :D

Seriously, it'll do 60 eventually, right? So who cares. You don't drive it for performance, you drive it on a sunny day, or around the town. I'm thinking it would be a hoot to take to Whitby Gothic Weekend in April.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB
[...]

Is it not, just ever so slightly, too /yellow/ for that?

Alistair J Murray

"RichardK-PB" wrote

I've had an indicated 80 but I want to treat the old dear carefully. It does feel very torquey and not very high revving.

Yes, I do enjoy that, and it somehow feels better being seen getting into/out of than the micra. And I'm not a vain man, but it looks cool in a "lock stock and two smoking barrels" vinny jones kind of way (without the V8 though).

Maybe if it was a less cheerful colour? I spent a relaxing week in Robin Hoods Bay, must've been about april time, a couple of years back. I wondered why there were so many goths everywhere in Whitby. There was this pub that had a banner "home of the goths" with literally the whole street around it covered by overspill from the pub. Chavs in their novas kept driving past with their paintbucket exhausts going "brrrwwwwaaaap" to jeers from the goths :)

Reply to
fishman

My kind of car. As long as it'll do 60 I'm happy - my old V8 was good for over 100 and had handling to match

the performance of the 2000, I reckon.

Indeed :D It's got that whole 70s criminal attitude. Just, not a /good/ criminal. Perhaps a sleazy window salesman.

S'ironic, innit ;)

Yellow is good. I like yellow. Sure, my Beetle may be black, but that is genuinely because I couldn't get a mellow yellow one with the Winter pack. Black was my second choice.

I spent a relaxing week in Robin

Yep. We were probably there; we're planning something to really wind'em up this year. There's a gothic car list, batmobiles - cars on the list include a 1957 Chevy which is cheesy as f*ck with skulls on the parcel shelf and a hideous spoiler, a real Countach, a fake Countach that cost almost as much as a real one (but is probably better screwed together ;) ), a Skyline, a Supra (oh, yeah, that's me), a 200SX drifting car often seen with the bumper held together with gaffa tape, a Lincoln Town Car... a hearse or two, and a couple of Seras.

The pub is the Elsinore. They like goths, they do. We drink like fish.

By we, I am by no way I'm implying I'm a goth, I mean the people that go to the Gothic Weekend. *grins*

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

I had an indicated 125 out of my series 1 3500 auto on the autobahn - downhill. The rev counter sort of agreed - and I reckon the engine was near at hydraulic lifter pump up. Not very stable at that speed though. ;-)

FWIW, the four cylinder cars handle better than the V-8s. A well driven TC would have the legs of a V-8 over the twisty bits.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thing is they're not that sort of 'wafty' car. A Triumph 2000 auto is. The Rover 2000 was designed as a sporty young exec car - in total contrast to the other Rovers of the time. And they go pretty well if you rev them - which the auto quite simply discourages.

I'm surprised someone hasn't bought it with a view to converting to manual

- it's about as easy a job on these as on any car. Especially if it has a sound base unit - reasonably priced P6s with these are getting rare.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk, Dave Plowman (News) decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Indeed, the Rover P6 was the original "young thruster" car... a kind of

1960s 3 series.
Reply to
Pete M

Fancy this one then?

Tom Robinson

The rot in the strut mounting would worry me without a thorough investigation - it's not a common thing.

Otherwise looks a decent enough buy at the current price of under 600 quid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Check this out for the hardest website in the world to read. All about Kramer.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston