OT: The meal went great.

Decided on going into Manchester on the train and went to a place called=20 Dr Livvy's If you are in Manchester call in, it is on High street, opposite the=20 side entrance to the Arndale, and probably has a record stall propped=20 against it during the day.

Inside it looks quiet but that is a small eating area at the front. Go inside to the bar, wow, dark, shady, jazz/blues/reggae playing via=20 DJ. Soul food available, good selection of wines, and best of all Leffe=20 on Draught, alongside Kronenburg and Budwieser (both also on draught).

If eating, may I recommend either Dr Livvy's Prescription, or the Blue=20 mountain Curried Lamb. The Lamb is a suitable substitute for Curried=20 goat, the Prescription is a great introduction to Caribbean food, and is=20 a huge portion.

A starter, and maincourse for two, =A323.10 + what we spent at the bar=20 (about =A320), and decent music in the background.=20

Imagine a place that is historically cool, rather than just flavour of=20 the month. Absolutley fantastic. Will be going back shortly.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Inside it looks quiet but that is a small eating area at the front. Go inside to the bar, wow, dark, shady, jazz/blues/reggae playing via DJ. Soul food available, good selection of wines, and best of all Leffe on Draught, alongside Kronenburg and Budwieser (both also on draught).

If eating, may I recommend either Dr Livvy's Prescription, or the Blue mountain Curried Lamb. The Lamb is a suitable substitute for Curried goat, the Prescription is a great introduction to Caribbean food, and is a huge portion.

A starter, and maincourse for two, £23.10 + what we spent at the bar (about £20), and decent music in the background.

Imagine a place that is historically cool, rather than just flavour of the month. Absolutley fantastic. Will be going back shortly.

Reply to
Burgerman

Well, duh.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Sounds great, just moved to Didsbury (oh well, no longer one of the Cheshire set with nice cheap car insurance) so a visit will be in order :)

Reply to
fishman

Worth nipping in if you in town shopping and just fancy a drink.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

is that a no? heehee

Reply to