OT: To those who gave kind words about my mothers illness.

Thank you. She was sent home for a break this weekend before having 3 day patient Chemo sessions starting tomorrow.

But she started to de-hydrate and he potasium levels went through the roof and could barley remain concious. She was taken back in yesterday, afternoon and we were all called in at about 5pm. I left the hospital at 11pm as there was no change and she wasn't aware of people arround her.

I was phoned at 3AM. She regained conciousness fir a few minutes, made no sense, then died. They believe either she had a stroke earlier in the day, or the cancer had gotten into the lymphatic system and made it's way to the brain.

I think my brother was more upset that he couldn't get me, and my mum's sister back there in time. So for those those where so kind before. Her 2 years of suffering is over. Thanks.

Reply to
Elder

My condolances mate. Sounds like you are handling it pretty well. Right now it sounds like you will need to stand fast for the others around you. I think you will do ok.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

:-( My condolences dude.

Reply to
Iridium

Carl, Seems you are coping with this very positively! Now that her hard times are over, you can remember her good times with increased clarity

Best wishes

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

Yup. Sometimes it's for the best.

Anyway, I know how you're feeling Carl, stay strong for everyone around you, but don't forget to give yourself some personal time to 'let go', IYSWIM.

Reply to
SteveH

Sorry to hear about that Carl. Take care.

Reply to
conkersack

AOL

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Carl, you have my sincere condolences. I lost my Grandad the same way a couple of years ago. At least her suffering is now over.

Take care,

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Shoot. I foolishly wasn't paying attention at the back there.

It's events like this that draws things into perspective.

You have my sympathies. You need something, you ask, okay?

Reply to
DervMan

Sorry to hear. I know there's lots of bad shit been happening to you, but keep strong.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Sorry to hear Carl, :(

Take care

Ryan

Reply to
Ronny

I'm sorry to hear that. My respects to you and yours.

Reply to
Tunku

My condolences. Really sorry to hear that.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Bugger. At least she's not suffering anymore. Get out on your bike and stay cheerful.

Reply to
Doki

Carl.

Lost my mother in October, took a lot more out of me than I thought, she had faded away over the last few years with Alzheimers despite not being mega old but died unexpectedly from a DVT. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family - only thing I'll say is take it easy and take your time.

Best regards

Tim

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I did that. As I wasn't there that night went in abit early and viewed the body before the rest of the family arrived. broke down a few times during the day, and still have a few minutes when I "well up" but I think i'm over the worst for now. We will see how the funeral goes to see how I cope.

Reply to
Elder