Paging Dojj...

2.9 twin turbo... how often, if at all, does this kind of running gear come up for sale secondhand, and if so, what sort of money does it fetch?

Also, are you aware of anyone ever twin turbo'ing a 24v Cossie lump?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

first twin turbo the gear turns up on quite a few occasions but when it does, it's snapped up almost instantly by someone who has the money there and then, no matter the price or the condition it's because of the turbo manifolds, the downpipes on them (unique and impossible to replicate), pipework and the intercoolers go from as little as £200 all the way up to £800 for a whole kit with engine and running etc

TT'ing the 24V lump is possible but you REALLY need to know what you are doing I know a man who can, but the secrets cost me in excess of £4k so I can't tell you what I know the man to speak to is fitz at top boss on 01332347406 you could also try to coerce blood out of a stone via turbo technics but I haven't had any luck in the 3 years I've been trying :(

and just to let you know, you can't use the 12V stuff on the 24V as it won't fit, nor will it do other stuff ;)

Reply to
dojj

Sounds feasible.

Know of any other Mk2 Granadas that have had this treatment?

OK, nuts to the second idea then - NA 24v or TT 12v it is then :D

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

there were loads of granny's running the 2.8 conversions but the 2.9's were mostly sierra 4x4's if you had only asked me on saturday, someone offered a kit to me, but as i needed it for the 24V i said no and it was sold abot 5 minutes alter :(

Reply to
dojj

and before you even realised there was this

dojj