Paging Elder

Comfy, reliable, cheap, RWD and economical:

All it needs is a set of alloys.

YKIMS.

Reply to
SteveH

...and a gearbox rebuild in the near future, by looks of it.

"They all do that, don't they Sir?"

E30 325i - much more tail happy, and bollocks to any 'Ooh, I wouldn't want one of those because of the image' guff.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

That looks rather nice as it happens, and about as good as you can expect including the "they all do that" weak second gear synchro.

If I had started work today as had orignally been planned I would be on that like a rash and be damned. Black with leather or recaros would have been nicer but you can't be too choosey.

Reply to
Elder

No seriously, Alfa RWD trans, always know for a clunky 3->2 downshift. Almost as sure to have one as needing a weird shaped body to drive one comfortably.

Reply to
Elder

Yup, it's when the diff. bearings get noisy you have to worry.

I never found that you had to be a particularly odd shape to drive it - telescopic / tilting steering wheel helps.

Reply to
SteveH

I thought the Alfa seating position was by default stumpy legs with long arms. Sort of Orangutan shaped.

Reply to
Elder

Maybe with really old ones that have non-adjustable steering columns.

Both myself and Katie can get comfortable in ours.

Reply to
SteveH

In the 75 as well? I'm the the other way round to an ALFA driver, short arms and long legs.

Reply to
Elder

Yes - she needed a cushion in it, but that's 'cos she's only 5ft dead.

Reply to
SteveH

That does look awfully clean. What does the consensus think it'll go for?

Reply to
Iridium

=A3700 but won't meet reserve.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Robert Johnson-Honeymoon Blues

Reply to
Elder

Nah, I reckon reserve around £300-500.

There was a totally mint 75 in desireable metallic grey with the sought after Revolution alloys on there last week that sold for only £810.

I could be wrong, though.

Reply to
SteveH

You might be right about the price but it looks like reserve might be a=20 lot higher.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Finished at =A3760.00 but it did reach reserve. Wasn't far out though.