Paging JackH...

Guess what I just spotted on fleabay? Mica blue passenger side door, undented, with glass, for 80 quid.

Shame that it's in Halifax, though.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Excellent...

Possibly a tad large for the UR.

Reply to
JackH

I'm quite probably going to Halifax next weekend, and I can carry it with no problem. Where to drop it to next might be an issue though.

Reply to
Pete M

If you need it moving, most of the regs in 'ere have my mobile number (and it's posted all over my ebay ads ;-) )

Reply to
Pete M

I'm over there about 1-2 days a week as well (not far away - castleford) so could collect with a bit of warning if it'll fit in either the merc or the V50. Again the issue is where it needs to get to...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Indeed. I've also had a word with Zeca this morning - clutch slave cylinder is a known problem on these, but the rusty bubbles on the front of the sills are actually rather bad news for the bottom of the A-pillar. That car might be a single season wonder simply due to that rust...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Hmm. There might be a possibility but there are few potential issues surrounding this car that might make it not such a good buy after all...

I'll keep you posted - I have to go up to Bolton quite soon anyway so it wouldn't be a massive problem to pick it up from you, but that's one worthwhile after I actually got the car in the first place.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Well given how long you're planning to be here... ;-)

It'll break for reasonable money too all the time the greasy bits work, especially if the gearbox held out until you'd had enough of it.

You said yourself the chap with the other one reckoned good blue interior parts are hard to come by, and this one was in pretty good shape on that score.

So long as it's cheap, I personally would still bother with it (1) and just do the bare minimum to get it useable on the track and by that I mean cheaply replace the door (if banging the worst of it out isn't good enough), and clutch cylinder, and do nothing else bar the bare minimum as in maybe an oil change.

If the belts haven't been done in a while, unless they're visibly on their last legs, adopt the maxim 'oh well, I've got breakdown cover should the worst happen', and then bin the car having sold off anything still worth having if the worst did happen. :-)

Potentially a really good, minimal cost trackday car I reckon if you can resist the temptation to 'just sort that... and I may as well sort that whilst I'm here, and well... maybe I could just do that'.

(1) As in, if you don't want it, I'll see if I can nick it off the bloke concerned. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

We could do a big UKRCM relay race to get it from Halifax to Kent!

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I doubt that that bloke even touched the interior, and I'm pretty surprised that they are supposed to be hard to come by. There are a

*lot* of

I can see where you're coming from and it'll be cool for local trackdays that way.

Unless you happen to break the belt several hundred miles from home :/. What's this breakdown cover you're talking about?

Yes, and that's where I see the problem. I'll probably give him a bell later today anyway, though.

I don't mind that TBH. Want his phone numbers?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Aye, definitely.

Well yes... hence the breakdown cover comment.

Given some of the trips you do, I'd want something in place to get me home should the worst happen.

A driver specific rather than vehicle specific policy would be best, that is if the AA or whoever still do those and there aren't any vehicle age restrictions.

*twitch*

See what he says when you ring him first...

Reply to
JackH

It's still a pain in the backside, though.

RAC I'd guess, can be paid for with Tesco vouchers, which happens to be one of my favourite types of payment...

I'll try to later today. I've got all the bits for the Porker roof so I wanted to make a start on that one while trying to transfer the data off one of my other machines as that HD is making funny noises.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I'll be up in Burnley not this weekend, the weekend after if that's any use (and it'll fit in a Puma). If some can pick it up from me near Slough/M25 area...

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

A risk I'd be willing to take on a sub £500 trackshed. ;-)

Okey dokey...

Doh.

I've ignored the same in the past and ended up losing some decent pics etc, so never again.

Reply to
JackH

If I end up buying the shed concerned, the door in question will be beaten out - it'll probably end up stuffed into the tyres / armco at some stage anyway, so no point in making it spot on unless a door fell in my lap cheap locally. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Sorry, didn't get around to it (yet). This email of yours is working, correct?

Which is why this is my current priority to fix. I've got another disk and just pushed an image of the current Windows install over to my server, ready to be transferred to the new disk. If that does work...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Aye

Good luck. ;-)