Looking for Toyota Extra Care Platinum Warranty

Looking for simple online pricing for New toyota extra care warranty sites like ... or other info.

Not looking for pros vs cons of toyota extra care discussion. Looking at a new 4WD highlander. Thanks!

Reply to
Capt Nemo

Extended warranties ON TOYOTAS, except for Hachi, are for SUCKERS!!! Period. End of discussion. In insurance companies make BILLIONS off of you SUCKERS.

Reply to
Sharx35

Except for me?!?!

Is that because I'm so hard on my cars? ;)

Should explain for the OP, I bought a used Scion tC. The dealer was trying to sell something like a 50,000 mile, 6 year warranty (perhaps it was 72,000 miles) for $1200. I found an online price of $680 at a Lexus delaer in CT (note, it doesn't matter WHERE you get the warranty, so shop around!!!)

I didn't want to include the price of the warranty in the loan, or use any of my down payment, so I passed.

I got a letter from Toyota about 4 months later, saying that since this was a "Certified" used 'Toyota', I was eligible for a 7 year, 72,000 mile warranty...for free.

Sure am glad I didn't bite on the sales pitch...

Reply to
hach

You just don't GET IT. Insurers MAKE BILLIONS from suckers like you. It is cheaper to SET ASIDE money every year for the eventual and, for sure, eventual repairs, than it is to PAY an INSURANCE COMPANY. THEY MAKE MONEY ON SUCKERS LIKE YOU. Period.

Sharx35

Unique details? I never burned out a clutch in my life!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh, I wish. Might have been Dizzy...

Reply to
Hachiroku

There are 2 reasons someone might want to buy a factory extended service agreement.

If they sell their car privately after the regular warranty is over, a transferable extended service agreement will probably make the car easy to sell.

Or if they buy a minivan or similar car with power doors, dvd, 2 ac's etc and can get the non deductible 8 year 80k mile service agreement cheap on line, it would probably be worth considering.

Art

It's all those motors, solenoids, AC, and electronics that can turn one repair into more than the cost of the extended warranty.

OTOH what's likely to fail will fail either during the initial warranty (infant failures) or long after the extended warranty expires. A lot of engine related issues are covered for a longer period of time by default under the emissions warranty. Year's 4-7 tend to be pretty trouble-free on Toyotas. If you're buying a Ford, GM, Chrysler or BMW then it's another story. Enough is likely to break that the warranty cost will be lower than paying for the repairs.

Just be sure that any extended warranty is the manufacturer's warranty, not some third-party one.

I guess it gives some people peace of mind to have the extended warranty, even though it usually doesn't make sense financially on historically reliable vehicles.

Reply to
SMS