Paging SteveH

Sounds cool, it looks like fun and looks satifying once you get it done you'll be starring at it like "I did that".

Reply to
Sarah

Suspects DanB has something to do with the V6 clio or **had** one.

Reply to
Sarah

Or a trip to the Boots walk in doctors. :-P

Reply to
Sarah

Her she is :-

And here's the view from behind after I got the new plate :-

And here's its successor :-

I needed something a bit more 'day to day' and this fits the bill nicely :-) Before the Vee went we had a little straight line comparison with my mates Corsa VXR, in all situations, they were identical. Same tests done with the R27 recently, and again, identical. So really, the Mk1 was a bit of a fail, it offers no real performance advantage over the 172/182/197 and the handling is quite a bit worse heh. The 172 can set a better lap time, and the 197 is huge handling improvement with more bhp/ton so, make of that what you will...

I wasn't aware of all these facts when I had it heh, and I always used to defend it, but really, if you want a performance car - there are a million one things better for the cash. But if you want something that draws a crowd like a real supercar, and is 'an event' everytime you drive it (assuming the immobiliser lets it start), whilst sounding truely fantastic, better than any mere 6 cylindar engine has any right too and is 'fast enough' for most people - then it's the car for you.

The Mk2 V6 255 is vaaast improvement perfomance wise, but understeers on the limit to let you know it's about to snap oversteer and your slow steering rack is going to help you into the ditch - so some people suggest it is sanatised and dull heh. It's still more dangerous than anything else on sale at the same time. The Mk2s tend to make 250bhpish on the rollers, the Mk1s are lucky to see 220, 215 been closer the mark really. And they're both bloody awful inside heh.

And as for the successor to the R27, hopefully that will be able to be revealed soon, but don't get too excited ;-)

Reply to
DanB

Ah*Tchibo*.

Sorry. I sneezed.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Nice plate!

I'll start saving for one then :)

Reply to
Sarah

No that is the it manager.

Reply to
Elder

IME VW aren't bad on parts prices. Certainly not compared to Pug.

Reply to
Doki