Paging the Jap afficiendos...

Some guy I know... he's just picked up an AE86, in need of a clutch, but otherwise in quite good nick...

He paid...

*£500*, for it!

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I used to have one of them, £500 is an absolute bargain as long as there's no serious tin worm.

are worth a look if he needs any parts for it.

Reply to
Homer

Very nice indeed. Clutch should be a piece of cake to do too!

Seconded. I got my MR2 clutch kit (possibly the same as an AE86) from them and it was great. And you get discounts as an OC member.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Aye.

I think the intention is to pay another of my mates to do the clutch, and then out it to the highest bidder... and it's bloody shocking, the money they now fetch!

Reply to
JackH

that's a well good price! most good ones go around £2-3k that i've seen (mainly jap imported ones anyway) but it's far to much cash fora twitchy RWD car although i heard they can be well good fun.

Reply to
Vamp

I know, thats why I wouldnt have one. Far too much for what they are!

If its in fairly good nick though he'll be looking at one hell of a profit!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Way, way too much... and I can remember not so long ago, they were worth next to f*ck all!

Aye... the fecking b'stard

Reply to
JackH

Speaking of cool jap stuff, I saw a Mitsubishi Starion rally car at Brands Hatch at the weekend, being driven by Penti Arrikala. And didn't get a photo :(

Did see a rather nice 5 litre mk1 Escort though :)

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

He paid How much.

Lol, just kidding. if it gets a good clutch, and 12 months ticket does he want to partex=20 for a GT4 :)

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Aye, a tidy one (even a not so tidy one) that is original will get about=20 =A33k

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Bet that brought back a few memories for him then.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

He didn't have chance to MOT it today. He knows the car, and reckons it's pretty damned solid - just got a bit of corrosion in a couple of nooks and crannies where road crud has accumulated.

Reply to
SteveH

...and the rest.

Reply to
JackH

He paid How much.

I doubt it, given what is already in the fleet, and what is currently on its way from Japan, to him. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

He *has* to make it an Initial D replica.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I'm sure, by the way was going, it was doing a bit of that too. But luckily, it came with a "Add some oil now" light. It is supposed to come on at low and stay on.

Mine always comes on at halfway between full and low, at the same place, on the same stretch of motorway (M602 between salford and eccles), just going down the hill, at the same time, every week. And when it comes on, the oil should be mostly toward the front of the engine where the level sensor is. After about 30 secs to one min, it goes out. Doesn't come back on again. Doesn't matter if I drive a granny or a muppet, whether I stick to a straight line, or throw it arround, on at the same place on the same day at roughly the same time, and off shortly after.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

That's the thing. Oil disappears somewhere, but even after cleaning, then driving, for the first couple of days, no sign of anything, so you leave it to the end of the week, and it looks like it has been bathed in it.

I'm hoping that cleaning the PCV has sorted it. Don't think it is burning oil as there is absolutley no blue/grey smoke. And the ammount of extra oil underneath after a week, then a month suggests bugger all, and it never builds up enough to leave any fresh wet marks on the floor.

Also, as it goes through 1/2 litre a week (when the PCV was blocked), you would imagine the oil leakage spread would further up the car than just as far as the joint of the down pipe/first exhaust section.

Goes no further, ever.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

heh kids :)

i would too! saw a few drift ones at JAE sitting crazy low with little but VERY fat wheels on! one even kindly made a black ring roundabout for people where the road ways crosses :)

Reply to
Vamp

There is one here that is an exact replica on the outside. Not sure if it has the Atlantic motor in it but it even has the tofu shop name on the side in Japanese. Mint.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

No doubt! Heh, he did some donuts on the cooper straight :)

This was part of the Motorsport News fast at 50 thing, or whatever it's called. It's going to be on Motors TV soon apparently.

Watch out for the VW Caddy TDi racing...

Reply to