*ping* Dervy and Vamp - It's official...

...guys shouldn't name their cars and MR2's are gay/for hairdressers :)

Top Gear says so ;)

Not that we didn't all know that already...

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Shit! I've missed Top Gear yet again.

At least I've got my car back together again ready for work tomorrow though.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

I'm definitely with you on the first point about guys naming cars. Gerhardt my Mercedes agrees too...;-)

Reply to
John Fitzgerald

I don't name my cars, I assign them their own unique identity. ;)

Reply to
DervMan

OTOH it seems like it's just a re-run of stuff in the magazine. Clarkson was going on about Riuchard Hammond looking gay when he drove the Citroen Pluriel and rattled on about how soft-tops make any man no matter how macho look like a girl.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nah, he just mentioned it cos someone in the audience said they had one (an MR2), and they were talking about naming cars.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

i don't call my car anything really apart from 'me car' when refering to it.

plus i don't remember seeing my MR2 on the gay-iest cars list but can remember something called an SL55 being on there :)

missed top gear myself? anything interesting on it? why can't they repeat it later in the week GRRRR

Reply to
Vamp

I think, Bertha, Barry, and Behemoth (aka Beryl) would have something to say about that, as would Basil, my GF's Fabia (the first car she has named.

It seems to be a Skoda thing, you own one, and it becomes a friend. The Saab got named to carry on the tradition, and it is definatley a friend.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

And in other news Dan405 is quoted as saying:

My 19 was known as "the spluttery bastard" and the clio "little divil"

The micra was called "s**te" :)

Reply to
Chet