Ping Elder

Here you go, if you're dead set on something a bit silly:

I think it ticks the right boxes.

Big, comfy, fun to drive and unusual.

SteveH

It even looks like a Skoda from behind :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Looks more like something 80's Jap (Cedric/Skyline/Gloria).

I do quite like it in a mad bonkers way. Shame it is LHD.

Reply to
Elder

Bwhahahahahahahaahahahahaha

Oh, you were serious.

Reply to
Steve Firth

To be fair, that's nothing a new set of dampers wouldn't fix - and they're most likely knackered at that age, anyway. I can't see the front end being much of an issue - the torsion bars are pretty standard, but the rear springs, I suppose, could be different - but you can get 75 springs on ebay for a few quid, which would sort it.

It's a transaxle Alfa, so it can never be *that* bad in comparison with other cars of its era. Plus it's a big, luxury, diesel barge with RWD and decent weight distribution. It's perverse, which it why I like it.

Reply to
SteveH

Heh.

It's away for a proper bodywork makeover including some new metalwork and paint.

Should get it back in a few weeks.

Reply to
SteveH

" "

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

HFM? For a smokey old Alfa.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Well, it's unusual alright. And you'll not need to worry about anybody stealing it either.

Reply to
Conor

We'll want piccies...

Reply to
Conor

Volvo, Old man or antique dealer, driven carefully (especially the antique dealer). Might have huge miles on them, but will usually have a spotless main dealer services record.

Actually, a surprising amount of younger types drive old Vollys because they're so cheap and don't need maintaining. My mate had a B reg, brown

340DL that was, to be fair, a right pile of shit. But over our years at college we learned to love it, mainly because we used to take it rallying at Dalby forest in free periods...
Reply to
Iridium

Yet when I suggested they were becoming retro trendy a few months back because the RWD was rare in cheaper smaller cars, I was told I was stupid.

I once mountain bike raced in Dalby forest many years ago.

Reply to
Elder

No no, not cool, just cheap :-) It had that 'comedy shit' factor though.

Reply to
Iridium

If this isn't sold by the time you click the link, then I'm a Frenchman.

Needs very very little done to it.

This message posted 12 minutes after the listing appeared on ebay.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Look at what happened.

Bought at the 'Buy it Now', then withdrawn by the seller.

Reply to
SteveH

NOO.

Reply to