POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR (Read subject out loud in your best Jeremy Clarkson voice)

A bloke off CGTI has just set the timing and AFM up properly. Fuck me. The Golf feels like he swapped the engine whilst I was looking the other way.

The downside is, the passenger side headlamp couldn't stand the new found power, and dropped it's lense on the way home...

Reply to
Doki

I didn't know you could set up an AFM, I thought they were either clean, and worked properley, or got gummed up, and worked not quite as well heh.

Reply to
Iridium

The Golf's AFM is a flap in a pipe. There looks to be some hot wire element to it too, but the main thing's adjustable with an allen key.

Reply to
Doki

Are you sure it's not in the engine bay with Astravanman's coolant cap?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Apparently the previous owner must have left it there.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Whaaaaaaaaaa?

Reply to
Pete M

Sure the allen key adjustment isn't only idle mixture? Setting the spring tension is a bit hit or miss and doesn't normally need altering - unless you've increased the capacity of the engine, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Might be. It's made a heeeuge difference anyway.

Reply to
Doki

Zackly.

One of the things I love about this group is you state a fact and there are still people who argue. Normally because they read it somewhere but they're stating it as personally gathered info.

Reply to
Pete M