quick picky of the MR2 turbo

going to see it tomorrow so will get some better pics myself hehe, not bad nick for a 1993 turbo :)

Reply to
Vamp

Nice, dare I ask what it cost? And how you went about getting it imported?

Reply to
Depresion

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

nick for a 1993 turbo :)

Not a bad old tubby you got yourself there.

So when do you get to play in it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

£5250 from japanese-direct-imports.co.uk took bloody ages though! payment went down back in august, just half the cost at first then the rest payed when it came over here. includes a small service plus any paint work needed to bring it up to scratch. importer is even gonna fix the buggered eleccy aerial :) 12 months T&T too
Reply to
Vamp

nick for a 1993 turbo :)

next weekend saturday 23rd :)

Reply to
Vamp

nick for a 1993 turbo :)

got any more pics of the mk1? :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

for a 1993 turbo :)

You need to bath your baby.

Jap cars that are not kept near the coast don't get exposed to salt. By salting the roads the government saves us £500 initially and maybe £100 a year on a set of winter wheels and tyres but it costs us £1000's a year in corrosion damage. Wax inject the chassis asap and make sure the underseal is in good condition for the UK's salty winter roads.

Peter Hill

Completely OT for this thread, but what's cover cost you for your rallying antics?

Reply to
Doki

Looks good, what auction grade was it? Make sure you get it undersealed before the salt goes onto the roads.

Reply to
Homer

nick for a 1993 turbo :)

how much to do all that you reckon?

Reply to
Vamp

was an auction grade 4 car picked up from daie motors japan. do a google search and find there site to see what cars they get!

full jap toyota service history from new, no accident history so clean car and 1 jap owner

Reply to
Vamp

£15 for an all night Nat B events (normally about 150 miles). About £9 for 12 car events i think.

Unless you get your own cover with someone like Comp Car Insurance and then its included in your policy

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Corrosion damage ?

You seem to be stuck in the 80s - modern cars don't rust :)

Reply to
Nom

Is mid 90's still modern?

Especially as Jap cars are generally intended to be changed every three years in Japan, so I doubt whether they are galvanised for the local market. They aren't supposed to be arround that long.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

UK shit weather/salt etc will eat it!

Reply to
Mason

Exactley.

Get it on the ramps, get it sealed inside with Waxoyle or Dinitrol, and get a decent underseal on, again Dinitrol does a loads of good things, as woulda coat of Por of the UK damp air has already started to get to it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I've got a early 90's Made in Japan car. It was made from galvanised panels. Only one slight problem, they made it from cut sheet and didn't hot dip it. So it rusts from every cut edge and punched hole.

Peter Hill

Ah :)

Reply to
Nom

Will eat what ?

It hasn't eaten any of my UK-spec cars !

Reply to
Nom

Um : "By salting the roads the government saves us £500 initially and maybe £100 a year on a set of winter wheels and tyres but it costs us £1000's a year in corrosion damage"

I was talking about the "£1000's a year in corrosion damage" that doesn't happen to none-old cars - not none-wax-sealed Jap cars !

Reply to
Nom