Re: Elder

Given that 164 values are now rising quite significantly, I think we can safely asssume that 166s prices will follow a similar curve.

Something that'll never happen to a big Toyota.

Reply to
SteveH

All that says to me is that big Toyota buyers are not as mental as big Alfa buyers.

I don't think it's safe to assume anything as far as Alfa residuals are concerned.

My sensible transport £800 would still go on a big Toyota over any 164 given a choice between the 2.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yup, mine has the 15's. Think how much nicer it would look with a set of factory two tone satin and chrome detail 18's from the later model.

Reply to
Elder

Which bit of 'drug dealer' did you not get? ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Me too... but only if they were the last two cars on earth.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

live round my way! they got scoobs and evo's now!

Reply to
Vamp

Alfa prices go up when they start to disappear. Big Lex/Toyotas don't disappear. They just keep going. They don't even gradually disolve over 20 years like Saabs and Volvos. Where the 250k mile Saab and Volvo is common, and the million miler has happened. The 500k Lexus is considered normal if looked after.

They were rare from birth, so while you don't see many, it is because there weren't many, not because they have disappeared.

And it is difficult for prices to rise when they fall so slowly. I got lucky. I found a car bought for a reason that never happened (he thought he was getting posted to germany). He had to sell it then, as he got an army loan for something more suitable (a vectra diesel for plodding in traffic from Liverpool to Warrington and back) and had his bike too. His missus was giving him grief because they could park the cars they used on the drive because that one was taking up all the space. As an import and one that needed to be shifted, I paid just under the odds, if it had been a UK model, with similar mileage, condition and with an owner who wasn't in a hurry to sell, it would have been 50-100% expensive minimum. Add some service history and it would have been 2-

300% more.

I got a bargain. Good enough to drive anywhere and shabby enough to park anywhere.

I don't need to make people think they are getting something they aren't when they meet me. What they see is what they get and my cars reflect that.

Reply to
Elder

That's because proper cars weigh under a tonne.

Reply to
Doki

Really? That is very sad. I like cars to have some substance. This is the only car I've ever owned that I haven't wanted to add layers and layers of sound deadening to, even if I have lightened them in other ways.

Reply to
Elder

Have you considered moving somewhere more pikey ?

Reply to
Tony Bond

Sorry, the kind of people I came from, money like that can be earned legit.

Although I expect the pikier than though crowd to only imagine large incomes can be made from dole fiddling, pimping and drugs.

Reply to
Elder

Indeed... it's the spending it on s**te like the above that reveals your true class colours.

;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk