Re: French engineering

"jay51" wrote in news:XMS%f.45568$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

> Well maybe when you're a bit older and have grown out of pedal cycles, > you might be able to afford a car. >

A classic example of "whoosh" In my opinion anyway.

Jay - f*ck off and die, there's a good chap, even if you are 51.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

It's a KA, it doesn't count as a grown up car :)

Don't bet on it, I nearly got pulled up some time ago on mine going to work at 5.30am. A pigmobile was coming in the opposite direction and seemed to take an inordinate amount of interest in me, slowing down after passing so I stopped and stared back at them. They turned round and came after me, which was pretty stupid really because it was part way between two towns, plenty of woods and grassland. They never really stood a chance :)

I was wearing a black woolly hat at the time tho, so in fairness I was clearly marking myself as a criminal.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Golf GTI... The Ka is long since dead.

One of my mate is class when there are police about. Pink and green hair, rides a steelhead with triple clamps and has a tendency to wheely everywhere. Never seen anyone actually bother trying to chase him, but he gets plenty of evils off them.

Reply to
Doki

"Doki" wrote in news:e1pcsj$hmh$ snipped-for-privacy@news.freedomsurf.net:

Heh, I got pulled for speeding on my 15 speed compagnalo specced racer many moons ago, for doing 45 in a 30. Traffic pulled me over after chasing me down Gullane high street. Let me off with a lot of shouty stuff. I was about 16 at the time and was crapping myself :-)

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Can't actually be done for speeding on a bike as the limits don't apply. A mate has gotten a ticket for dangerous cycling though after he set off a GATSO on the way down a big hill and hit a car...

Reply to
Doki

I don't think wheelies on a pushbike are quite illegal yet :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Depends, some councils do have their own regulations concerning it.

Even if they don't, you can technically be prosecuted under the charge of "Furious Riding"...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I *want* to get a ticket for that.

Reply to
DanTXD

If they can't see your face maybe they assumed you were black.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

now that is class - has he got copies of the pics?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ah, of course :) Black and riding a =A3700 pushbike, never a good combination :)

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Doubt it, there are umpteen versions of myths like that floating around the 'Net. How exactly would the people looking at the picture in the ticket office know where to send any tickets...

Reply to
Lordy.UK