Re: Ginseng (was Re: Blocking Cortisol???)

>>> The closest thing to a quick fix for Cortisol induced stress would

> Thanks, but before I jump into it, I need to do more research

first...

I'm a bit leery if studies showed it to raise Cortisol. > > Not that I'd totally believe the findings of a single study only. I know > better than that. > > I prefer to do a lot of reading and cross referencing before trying a > new supplement, and not just because of the expense. ;-)

I believe that the person who owns the problem is one who must spend their own time doing there own reserach.

I simply repeated the position of the Wellness community on Siberian Ginseng (Russian Ginseng) ability to reduce Cortisol induced stress.

Having no background in the sciences I figured out how to research medline some 7 years ago. I know how to search for exact phrases, authors, and for journals in Medline. A person with a science background should have no problem. Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

I was researching a problem yesterday on the ability of deep breathing/ exhalation/ forced breathing to lower heart rates. I had better luck finding a relevant abstract searching Google than with Medline (since the Science people behind Medline don't have a clue as how to set up a good search engine). But, from that 1st abstract I turned up a half dozen more good abstracts on Medline.

You will still have to make your own conclusion, something that science people absolutely refuse to do. Doing so will make you a part of the Quacky Wellness Community. :)

Just thought that you might want to know. :)

Reply to
·MrNaturalHealth

The flag is interesting. Apparently Soviet Navy, but the emblem is unfamiliar. I managed to find it on the Russian Navy web site, but naturally, I can't read the caption.

Reply to
·JMW

wrote:

Nothing sinister, it's merely the Hydrographic and Oceanography branch of the Russian Navy.

Reply to
·Charles

wrote

wrote:

wrote

wrote:

wrote:

Nothing so dangerous; what could be more of a threat to world peace than making Nova Scotians as intelligent as sea urchins? ;o)

Ugh! it's Monday!! ;o(

Reply to
·Charles

"Charles" wrote

wrote:

wrote

wrote:

wrote

wrote:

wrote:

Giving gmail accounts to little children?

I know. It sucks. Only two more day left of my normal four day weekend, and then back to work ;o(

David

Reply to
·David Cohen

wrote

wrote:

wrote

wrote:

wrote

wrote:

wrote:

You've noticed too; I think it's hilarious; gmail via Google, what a combination. That's a merging that makes AOL look high tech!!

That's cruel David!! ;o(

Reply to
·Charles

wrote