Re: I got beat up!

No time to get it, in this situation. Simple as that. I wasn't anticipating violence, I've never had to deal with anyone that I couldn't talk down. The 306 didn't have anything in it this time anyway, but usually there's a monopod or tripod in the back.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Yep. I didn't like the idea much until I saw a pic of it foamed all over someone's face, and read that it stings. Not wholly convinced, but at least you can go kick the crap out of the guy with the green face at your leisure ;)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

This wasn't road rage. Road rage I can deal with. This was just a random drunk tosser with about 30 people around. Very odd.

I don't have the confidence to assume I'm a weapon in my own right, merely the confidence that (I think) I look considerably less threatening, and I'd say that anyone who does is treading a very thin line; I'm sure the bloke that started on me thought he could take me, and he ended up nearly blacking out from me throttling him. Assume that he hadn't stopped fighting so quick - would I have stopped squeezing? And that's unarmed. Anyone could be carrying a knife, a gun, a belt... so many things useable as weapons if you want to get into a 'fight', instead of just disabling the attacker in the most effective way possible.

Unless you're Jackie Chan /and/ psychic, you're safer assuming that you're going to be outgunned, and then assess the situation from there. Apart from anything else, it scares the crap out of them when they find that you're not the sort of person to annoy.

IME, very few people in a one on one situation really want to fight. They want you to back down. It rarely reaches fighting unless both people are trying for it, and one thing that will result in that is both people approaching it as the aggressor.

In the case of your friend, though, I think males going for females has different psychology behind it, and she was right to go for it.

I have another advantage - very quick healing. The bruises on my face have gone entirely, I have two minor cuts left from going through the window, and that's pretty much it. I'd reckon on the guy who went for me wanting to avoid Doritos for at least a week.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Not a nice story - but how the f*ck did you know he was an immigrant, as if that makes any difference? Did he have a big sticker on his shirt? Did you ask him? No? Well, it was obviously his skin colour then, eh? Christ, it's this sort of right-wing-for-Queen-and-country s**te that stirs up trouble. Didn't anyone teach you at school that sons/daughters of immigrants are usually naturalised British citizens too? Or doesn't that count?

There's good and bad in all folk, as the old adage goes. A Brit scumsucker that loiters in the street is just as likely to be white as any other ethnic group.

Reply to
DocDelete

To show the size of Irish cigarettes, obviously!

-- Chet

Chet

I am 5ft 5" and about 12st ;o) I look about as threatening as a 3 week old puppy ! ! !

I uesd to be a bouncer and that was fun, because people would look at me and then think, what the hell are you gonna do..... then I would eject them from the premises in front of their friends LoL very funny and embarrassing for them especially when they are being dragged out ! ! ! ! (Minimal force of course)

and I'd say that anyone who does is treading a very thin

If you lack the confidence to think so, then you should have driven off as fast as possible instead of getting involved, but you didn't because instinct made you get out of your car, and instinct made you restrain the youth by all means necessary in order to protect your self and your misses.

I'm sure the bloke that started on me thought he could take me,

If you think like that you will always run, just because they carry them doesn't mean they will use them....... most of the time they are to scared to use them, simply because they know what would happen to them if they are caught.........

And we all got to die sometime right ! we don't choose when it's already written for us.....

;o) close !

/and/ psychic, you're safer assuming that

True, good point....... But then again this is natural for the male of the species

Yeah she was, and I feel sorry for any other guy that tries it again with her !

LoL, me too not the Doritos but the healing.

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

"Chet" wrote

Presumably Chet'd try smoking his attacker into submission if he couldn't reach his 6D in time.

Chet, I'll warn you now, it would probably take a while with 20 silk cuts.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Never forget the damage a carefully aimed key can do. It stuns 'em enough to want to look down for blood (they instantly think its a knife, rather than a 2 inch key). When they look down ..... run!!

-- Regards SDD

Warning: Email reply address is a spamtrap, remove teeth to reply directly !!!!

"
Reply to
Ahgowonwidya