Re: Qu: interest rate return for cash funds from discount br

On Sat 07 May 2005 06:42:28p, usenet newsgroups wrote in news:Encfe.190476$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

my question is, is this normal for deep discount brokerage not to give > you a return on non-invested money. do I have to request it from a > deep discount brokerage? or will they even do it at all? should I > find another discount broker? needless to say, I am pretty unhappy > (considering the amount of money I lost on interest is significant). > yet, I know it's my own fault for not keeping a closer eye on my > finances.

As interest rates are rising, each FI raises their rates, but some slower than others (sort of like gas stations). I always transfer any my larger cash balances to where ever the rates are currently higher. I currently have one or two brokers paying less than 0.5% and I also have one paying

2.17 and one paying 2.65%. I monitor this periodically.

If you want to monitor gas prices in your area, you may want to check out gasbuddy.com.

Reply to
·The Michael The