Qu: interest rate return for cash funds from discount broker

On Sat 07 May 2005 08:51:06p, usenet newsgroups wrote in news:egefe.190750$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

thanks for the info, > > another question, I was hoping to get a higher rate without opening > another brokerage account and transferring my money. I may end up > doing that though. > > is there any time of money market funds or 100% risk free funds on any > of the major exchanges I could buy shares in to get a higher rate of > return? I'd prefer that to transferring my money into another > financial for right now. > > thanks > > blyth

Nothing is really 100% risk free, but if you don't need 100% liquidity you may want to buy some CDs thru your broker: Maybe both at about a 6 month and a 12 month maturity and keep renewing each for 12 more months until you need more liquidity. These will give higher rates of return. Buying CDs thru you broker is usually easier than shoping around at individual banks; however some (many?) only sell new issues requiring at least $20K. If you have less, then buy secondary issues if necessary.

Reply to
·The Michael The