Re: The Search Goes On.....

Sir, have you tried driving one? (c: I had a loan of (for a week) an old

> shape (R reg) Punto sporting and it was good fun. Nimble, nippy, quick > steering, revtasticly good fun. It really didn't matter that it wasn't mega > quick, it was just fun. Remember fun, grandad? :cp > > Ever caned the nuts off a buzzy little go-kart like car on a twisty B road > for fun?

I did that in my mate's Metro GTi. Only the single-point version, but he'd spent about £500 getting a really decent lowered = stiffened suspension system put in it, and it was a real hoot to drive.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It was _fantastic_. Well balanced chassis, slightly hard ride, comfy, respectably rapid, and has a lovely 6-speed 'box.

Huge grin factor. Liked it more than _any_ current / recent Alfa I've tried.

Up for £5.5k - offered £5k....... dealer came down to £5.2k including

36k mile service, 4 new tyres, tax and a year main dealer warranty......

Went up to £5.1k, but he wasn't having any of it...... I'm going to see if he calls me tomorrow ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Nope - silly little tin-box car :)

Reply to
Nom

Each to their own I suppose. I hate all small cars, and even more so if they're not quick !

That's a piss-poor discount to be honest - 5K is certainly the most I'd be willing to pay for a 5.5K car. Screen-prices are just there for the buy-it-now monkies :)

Reply to
Nom

I had a current model Punto HGT,(also in yellow), absolutley great little car. It was my company "demonstrator" at the time, I swapped my BMW 328 coupe for it. It was MUCH more fun.........

Cheers Alan PS I have to change my car roughly every fortnight, but kept the Punto for six weeks

Reply to
SARAH FOURACRE

Phew - now you can continue looking for properly-sized cars with properly-sized engines :)

Reply to
Nom

Was one of them, interior and exterior trim falling off?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Heh.

Mainly revolved around head gaskets, gearboxes and body computers ;-)

Reply to
SteveH