Re: top gear on now incase you forget!

Left foot on brake, wind up turbo with right foot, wait for green light, slip foot off brake...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In news:BDBE718E.1E92D% snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMbtconnect.com, Richard Kilpatrick decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Jeez, pikeys nowadays eh? Bet they even informed the DVLA.

And so you should.

Reply to
Pete M

Ignore that shit, I was tired and just got miffed at his constant digging at the nexia.

Reply to
REMUS

Eh? The Nexia is a perfectly good car. It's got 4 wheels, it'll be quite reliable, comfortable and safe. I have nothing bad to say about the Nexia as a vehicle.

My first car was a mint Chevette. Actually, my /first/ car was an Allegro 1.5 HLS (twin carb!), but the suspension packed in before I was old enough for a licence, and when I considered repairing it, I lifted the carpets and found that either BL were creative, or it was a bit dead.

I still wonder what the message 'FANTA' meant. Other than 'this Allegro is fooked, mate'.

And yes. People took the piss out of my Chevette. Even though it was a minter, it was an old farts car. Did it bother me? Not at all.

At least, not when I had a Fiat X1/9 and no-one would race me because even if they could pass me on the straights, I'd lose them on the corners before they got a chance. And then I got an Audi Quattro and there was no point even trying :D

Richsrd

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Precisely my point. You can kick nearly everyone's ass on the road with a nice, big car and an auto box /and/ still be a serene bastard in rush hour - but when you want to go mad, you want something like a track car. Glad you're finding the auto box to be a more pleasant experience; I think the mistake people make is that the autobox may do 'most' of the work for you, but it doesn't prevent you from having some input.

Perhaps it was, when it was young. I bet the XJ8 wouldn't leave me feeling disappointed ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Sorry about that it's just anoyying because I want to get all these car's and what not but insurance stops me dead in my tracks. I do actually like the supra btw I was just looking for somthing to have a go at.

And when you start prodding at that nerve I just get pissed off because I don't want a nexia at all anyway, and you don't need to keep telling/reminding me it's shit because i'm driveing it every day!

Reply to
REMUS

What model was the quattro?

Reply to
REMUS

You'd think that, but if you want to have some fun, you should look out for a Mk II Escort 4 door (about £700 will get one), or a Chevette (slow, sadly)... there are a few RWD cars lurking. For example, the early Hyundai Pony, or better yet, the Hyundai Stellar - seriously, the latter is based on a Mk III Cortina with a healthy Mitsubushi engine, RWD.

When you're 25, classic insurance will let you run a second classic car without two lots of NCB - my Supra costs £200ish to insure - as long as you have a regular car too.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

90 Quattro, 2.3 - 1985 on a B (B333 FWE), black. Got it needing a clutch, and sold it with a very loud 'This Car Is Due a Timing Belt' warning - which the new owner ignored despite my providing a timing belt and new water pump.

Group 17 insurance at the time ;). Same group as my Porsche 924S.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Quality put-down from that scouse bloke.

*nods*
Reply to
SteveH

How many fuckign cars have you got?

Reply to
Doki

Had. Highlights:

17 - Allegro, Chevette, MG Metro, Renault 5 Cabriolet (one of 12 made) 18 - BX16, Fiat Panda 4x4, Land Rover 19 - Fiat X1/9 Gran Finale (4 year old FSH car!) 20 - Manta 1.8S, Quattro 21 - Porsche 924S, Golf GTi Cabrio (both inherited from my mother, but bought with my 'suggestion' ;) ) 22 - VW Jetta Synchro 23 - Citroen XM, CX Turbo 2 24 - Volvo 480, Jeep Cherokee 4.0 (company vehicle) 25 - Peugeot 306 Cabrio, Audi 200 Turbo Quattro

And so on and so forth. Highlights to drive were an XJ220 when my friends at the Jaguar dealer needed to move it from one site to another, Ferrari F40 when I took the 924S in to get the front bushes done and they were reorganising the showroom, and the Mercedes garage offering me an SL600 for a weekend to take pictures of ;)

Richard (114 cars and counting. Though I do lose count).

Reply to
RichardK-PB

when?

Reply to
dojj

MOTORING: Top Gear

Channel: BBC 2 North 02

Date: Monday 15th November 2004

Time: 23:20 to 00:20 (starting in 1 hour and 50 minutes)

Duration: 1 hour.

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May present the motoring series. There's a face-off between the Aston Martin Vanquish S and Ferrari 575; James and Richard spend 24 hours in the new Smart ForFour, and this week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car is Jimmy Carr.

(Widescreen, Repeat, Subtitles)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from

. Copyright ©1999-2003 GipsyMedia Ltd. Information copied from DigiGuide cannot be re-distributed, sold or used without prior written consent from GipsyMedia Ltd. All rights reserved.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

11pm ish, BBC 2.
Reply to
Doki

sorted :) both times :)

Reply to
dojj

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, RichardK-PB decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Dead easy losing count once you're past 100 cars innit?

Couple of my mates swear blind I passed the 100 mark years ago, and have sat down trying to count 'em.

I can only remember about 110ish.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one insane enough to do this.

Oh, highlights of stuff I've driven, lemme think..

Ferrari 250 SWB, Ferrari 328 GTB, Brabus EV12 Estate, MB 500E, Porsche 911 Turbo (driven a few of these, loved 'em all), Ferrari 512BB, Bentley Turbo RL (which was tweaked somewhat and pushing out around 500 effortless bhp), Mk2 RS2000 (many of, I owned a few)

Best car I've ever driven, all time fave etc?

The 911 Turbo.

The original one, the 3.0 four speed, laggy as an immersion heater, evil handling, 1976 Turbo. Not that quick in absolute terms nowadays, but f*ck me you knew you were driving - slightest mistake and you were in deep, deep,

*deep* shit. Unbelievably good when you get it right, monumentally pant darkeningly scary when you thought you'd got it wrong. I *WANT* one.
Reply to
Pete M

Likewise. If I work out what I buy for, and then what I spend in repairs/wear and=20 tear (never mind bolt on mods and PC's and stuff) I could afford a car=20 twice the price, half the age, with probably 1/3rd the mileage, but it=20 would be a run about shopping car. Anything with any fun/power/heritage=20 or comforts would still be outside my price range.

The Saab probably cost me =A31700 over the year and a half I had it (not=20 including tax/ins/fuel). Thats =A395 a month. Soudns a fair lot, but if I= =20 had taken finance over an 18 month period on a used car, what sort of=20 car would =A395 a month have got me? I still got =A3900 back when I sold=20 (and only dropped to that price because I didn't have room to keep it=20 while waiting for the best offer). I had a year and a half of looney=20 turbo fun (the Celica as standard is quite boring as standard, going to=20 have to up the boost a little from 8->11 PSI and lose the TVIS(limits=20 boost in 1st and 2nd to 6psi)). That should keep me below the fuelcut=20 limit until I can afford a decent mapable piggy back system.

Yes the Celica is going to cost me a little more but is newer and=20 stronger, handles better, has more power even thougha lot of that is=20 soaked up by the 4WD, and even though it is similar mileage with a=20 smaller turbo they last a long time too. And I can always exchange a=20 recon/hybrid turbo when the standard one eventually pops. Plus engine=20 and suspension tuning parts for toyotas (even oddities like the GT4) are=20 easier to get is just as expensive. Have you seen the price of TEIN=20 shocks.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Anything worth getting is worth waiting for.

Reply to
Carl Smith

Most have been taxied to hell and back, even more than a bluebird.

But it means they cost peanuts and may have even been serviced occasionally.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar