Rover V8 EFi bits

Don't suppose any RV8 fans have any EFi bits laying around? In particular I need a plenum top and trumpet base for the old 3.5 flapper style, as found in the SD1.

Need a stop gap to get my Vitesse running whilst I locate parts to rebuild the throttles on the TP.

Cheers

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'll have an ask about tomorrow if I get the chance. I know a few folks who might have 'em lying about.

Reply to
Pete M

Guess what...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You have all the EFi bits I need, so you're gonna drop them off tomorrow, and whilst you're here you're gonna weld a new sill in and replace the windscreen?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Right. And wrong. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ha, well I think I'm sorted now anyway. Got some SD1 SP bits coming from Ireland that should be arriving Friday. If I need anything else I'll give you a shout though.

Ta!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ok. I'm shortly going to fit a complete 4 litre unit (hotwire) so will have a complete 3.5 EFI unit spare - and a second set of 3.5 EFI bits.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ooooh, nice!

Well all the bits turned up today and it looks like it's all complete. Only thing I might need is the SP AFM bracket and inlet pipe, but hopefully I'll be able to find something to bodge it together in the short term.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

And it will be fuelled and ignited by a MegaSquirt controlling a Ford EDIS unit. Although I might use the distributor trigger first. To cut down the variables. But have all the bits waiting for the time and decent weather.

Don't have the bracket spare, but do have the hoses.

I'm still not sure about where to put the inlet air temperature sensor for the MegaSquirt - it doesn't need an AFM where the existing one is. I could fit one in the trunking roughly where the original was - or in the plenum. Decisions, decisions.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What sort of money is a megasquirt setup these days? Last time I looked, built ones were approaching commercial ecu prices.

Reply to
Doki

Depends what you call "commercial ECU". There are a couple of vendors who get thumbs-up on the forums that are around the 350-400 mark for a built one here in the UK. For that sort of money you're unlikely to get anything but a piggyback otherwise. There is someone on fleabay selling built ones between 250-330 for the various MS-1/MS-2 v3 boards, but I have no idea how good those are.

IIRC the kit is only something like ~200 bucks, but obviously that's plus import duty and stuff.

And yes, an MS is one of the options I'm looking at for the MX5 at the moment...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I imported a kit from Glen's Garage which cost $274. Luckily before the pound crashed against the dollar. I went for the MegaSquirt because of all the support - although I must admit to not having checked out all the options. I fancied building the thing so I'd have more of an idea how it worked and what the configuration options were. Plus I enjoy building this sort of thing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Are you running without a wideband o2 sensor then? Am I right in thinking that without one you really need to rolling road it to map it?

Reply to
Doki

The Megasquirt isn't installed yet - but I do have a wideband sensor waiting to be fitted. It's a Bosch and is about twice the price of a Bosch narrow band one on Ebay.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)