Green-eyed Monster

Bloody hell. A neighbour has now got a Mustang on his drive. A Shelby GT at that.

Damn.

I want one.

Reply to
Steve Firth

%steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Ah, but you just wait until he needs to be out at stupid o'clock one cold morning, and leaves it idling in the drive to warm up...

Umm, can I come and stay?

Reply to
Adrian

Have you been over there yet?

Reply to
Abo

I wanted one from the very first time I saw one. Sadly funds have prevented me from doing that.

I could just about afford to buy one from the US but nobody will give me an actual cost for importing.

Reply to
Conor

About 5K including the SVA, duty and VAT where applicable last time I checked.

Reply to
Steve Firth

When I did my van the total was about 1200? But no vat / duty since it was for disabled use. But you left it too late there was over 2 dollars to the pound when I did it. Now its 1.45 today.

Reply to
Burgerman

You have the pennies - just do it. What if you die tomorrow, and all your money goes like, where-ever it's going, and someone spends the money you should have spent on a Mustang[1] on an electric Smart Car lease in London (£400 a month iirc - in this months Evo and got 0 stars hehe). Then that would be your fault, you'd be responsible you know...

Please don't actually give anyone that might do that any money...

[1] One of those outrageously pimping ones like this -
DanB

I'd be going for this one, or one like it:

Steve Firth

"Was 39995 now only 45995"

Somebody's not quite got the hang of discounts yet then...

Reply to
Clive George

I'm sure they're very nice - but the heater controls and electric window switches are identical to those fitted to the Focus. Which is unacceptable when you're spending that much money, IMHO.

It doesn't even have an electric door mirror, ffs.

Reply to
SteveH

Yeh, I wouldn't be buying from that lot. They're not far from one of my clients and everything I've seen there has been hugely over priced. I can ony assume that the good burghers of Kent don't know the value of money.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It has a supercharged V8.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I know it's not quite in the same league, money-wise, but Elises have window winder handles straight out of a Metro....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

There was a Mustang stand at Goodwood FOS last year and IIRC you could get the basic V8 in convertable guise or as a Ltd Ed Bullit (hardtop) for £25k. The Shelby was £50k I think. I think I've even got the leaflet somewhere.

And there was a Roush stand there too - there mental one was around £50k.

I soooooo wanted one.

Probably a fair bit more now though with the exchange rates gone mental.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That'll be nice for you when you're sat in traffic on the M3, playing 'spot the parts bin shit' whilst wishing you had actually bought a Jag ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Pah, minor details, stop being such a girl. For those looks, a proper big V8 and 2 fingers up to the Government's car tax nonsense I wouldn't give a toss what the fecking window switches looked like.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I rather suspect I could keep myself amused for quite a while playing "blip the throttle".

Reply to
Adrian

The great bit is with a FoB fuel guzzling V8 up front, the car tax is the same as for my current car and wayyyyyyy less than the £400+ nonsense.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I've had a supercharged V8 Jag, and a supecharged straight six and a N/A six. I fancy a different type of toy.

Oh, and you can still play "spot the Ford parts bin" on Jags.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nowhere near as obvious or cheap and nasty as that, though.

The Mustang is a great idea, and mechanically appeals. But sloppy execution can really put you off something - especially with a price tag of that magnitude.

Reply to
SteveH