Santa wants to know what you want this year ?

You've been a good boy / girl / other and you're on the nice list this year. Woo hoo !!

Santa is giving you a budget of £2,000 and the only criteria is that your present(s) must be spent on matters automotive. You have the next 12 months to spend the money.

It can be a car / bike /trip / tools / garage.

As long as it's to do with burning petrol you can have it.

What are you asking for then ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Honda CBX750 Bol D'Or and a return ferry ticket to Santander, please.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd spend all of that on the SD1. The mechanicals are more or less in hand, so that would buy me:

- a decent set of seats £50

- some interior trim replacements £100

- re-trimmed headlining £200

- a nice Moto Lita steering wheel £100

- Vitesse side decals £30

- respray £1500

-celebratory pints £20

Alternatively:

- extracting more power from the V8 £2000 (maybe a 4.6 conversion)

Or maybe:

- extracting more power from the V8 £1000 (maybe just a 3.9 conversion)

- fit an LSD £1000

So many possibilities!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Several Grand Prix tickets.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Do you think next year will be a good one ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

TBH I enjoy racing so much that it doesn't matter a huge amount. But I can't see it being a bad year. Lewis has something to defend and I'm sure he wants to win a title absolutely outright by dominating the field in every race. Ferrari want to cheat their way to the top as ever, so it should be OK as seasons go. It's the following year when Wee Mad Bernie and PillowBiter have their way that I worry about.

Reply to
Steve Firth

hybrid turbo uprated injectors and a live map for the LCR please :)

Reply to
Rob

A mint Skoda Rapid 136.

Reply to
Elder

I think I'd drive to Czech and back in the Rangie. By the time tickets, fuel and breakdowns are accounted for, that'd probably be £2k.

Reply to
Pete M

A good condition Saab 900 T16 Ruby with tweaked APC and rebuilt gearbox

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Good possiblity that there will only be 2 cars in F1 next year.

Now that Bennie has come clean with how F1 is biased to ensure Ferrari stay in F1 and how much they are willing to pay to keep them in? Just how much are they willing to do to keep Ferrari on side?

What I heard/read between the lines "We have done and will do what we have to."

Reply to
Peter Hill

It's been decided tonight that I have to have a Ducati Monster before I'm 50. M620 or M620ie but M600 will do just fine.

Don't think £2K is enough for M620ie

Reply to
Peter Hill

I really like bikes of that style. I totally wanted a Triumph Speed Triple, the naked one like Tom Cruise has on Mission Impossible 2, only without the magical morphing tyres he has that can go from street tyres, to off-road tyres every time I look away. I suppose I don't need it to be bullet proof either...

...yet.

Reply to
DanB

They're also slower than a Toyota Landcruiser.

Reply to
Homer

WTF does that matter? No 4 wheeled vehicle can give the feedback, response and sensation that a bike does.

Even on a 65mph CB125S in the late 70's except for A38 nothing ever came past me or was ever anything but a receding blur in the mirrors on my alternate weekend trips Stafford > Burton and back. 30 years on cars may have got that little bit better that I would need a CJ250 for that to hold true. Yes I'd take a bike with a 84mph top speed before any 4x4 agricultural vehicle. I don't have any pigs or other livestock I need to take with me or take feed to. (most Farmers seem to be using quads for that job)

Reply to
Peter Hill

Hehe easy Pete - Dave was just following up my Mi:2 joke, where at one stage in the film when they're chasng Cruise on the Speed Triple, and their crap vans and a Landcruiser catch him up and then he can't lose them. It's ok though, his magic tyres mentioned earlier means he can go off road, and then only the baddy on the Ducati 996 or something, red Ducati superbike with rectangular head lights, can follow him because he has the special tyres too...

Reply to
DanB